advice on interpreting for novices / non-professionals

EN What is Transtrad? Translator to translator. Tools and tips for translation. Questions, problems, mutual help. ES ¿Qué es Transtrad? Entre traductor@s. Herramientas y consejos para traducciones. Preguntas, problemas, ayuda. FR Qu'est-ce que Transtrad ? Traducteurs-trices à Traducteurs-trices. Outils et conseils pour la traduction. Questions, problèmes, aide mutuelle.
thatcher

advice on interpreting for novices / non-professionals

Postby thatcher » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:10 pm

Though I am bi-lingual (Russian and English) I have only interpreted informally.

I will soon be in a situation where I will need to interperate constantly in one on one and small group settings.

There are clearly many nuances to interpreting well, much less
professionally, but for now I'm looking for some basic guidlines and tips that will help me do the best job I can.

Article suggestions or links to articles that anyone considers particularly good would be a great help. (I have good internet academic library access)

If you have personal advice you are willing to type up and leave on the forum that would be of course wonderful.

One specific question I have is how to go about interperating and taking part in the same conversation?

Return to “TransTrad”