Réu du conseil international du FSM - IC meeting

EN International Council - ES Consejo Internacional - FR Conseil international
EN Hemispheric Council - ES Consejo Hemisférico - FR Conseil hémisphérique
EN European Preparatory Assembly - ES Asamblea Europea de Preparación - FR Assemblée Européenne de Préparation
yan
.
.
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:35 pm

Postby yan » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:10 pm

ES, FR

--sí, deberíamos publicar la información para que todos en Babels sepan lo que se está organizando;
--no se trata de tener a una persona, sino a varias.

En mi opinión, un buen grupo de intérpretes puede trabajar en cabina y de representante Babels. La mayor parte de las discusiones no nos interesan. Cuando sí tenemos algo que decir, los que están en cabina pueden salir de la cabina y contribuir al debate. Lo he hecho, y sí funciona. La única condición: tener suficientes personas trabajando en cabina (3).

En cuanto a la 'responsabilidad', yo tengo fe en un grupo de 6 a 9 intérpretes experimentados y militantes. Entre ellos, sabrán lo que Babels puede aceptar o proponer, y algunos tendrán ideas buenas. Lo mejor que se pueda hacer, es asegurarse de que éstos voluntarios hayan leído todos los reportes en el sitio web, para saber que problemas hemos enfrentado, y tener una visión general de la política linguística que la mayoría de los Babelistas quiere promover.

Proposición concreta:
--un grupo para redactar un artículo con toda la información acerca de la reunión, del CI, y de las comisiones, en al menos 2 idiomas, para ponerlo en el sitio web;
--un grupo para averiguar las necesidades en interpretación, y organizar el grupo de voluntarios para el CI.

Steph puede ocuparse de organizar el primer grupo, ya que ha estado en varias reuniones del CI, y además recibe todos los emails.

Hay varios 'coordinadores' cerca de Holanda que puede ocuparse del grupo de intérpretes voluntarios: Verónica y Andrea (Bruselas), Gerd, Lisa y Helga (Alemania), y cualquier otra persona que quiera.

Los dos grupos pueden trabajar de manera paralela y acabar todo en una semana.

A mi no me interesa ocuparme de este asunto. Estas reuniones no me interesan. Estas son proposiciones concretas, uds. pueden intentar convertirlas en realidad, o encontrar otra solución. Si no hacen nada, no me importa. Si hacen algo de otra forma, tampoco me importa. De todos modos, para mí, el verdadero trabajo se hará fuera de estas reuniones.


FR

--oui, on devrait mettre l'information en ligne pour que tout Babels sache ce qui est en train de se faire;
--il ne s'agit pas d'avoir une personne, mais plusieurs.

A mon avis, un bon groupe d'interprètes peut travailler en cabine et représenter Babels. La plupart des discussions ne sont pas intéressantes pour nous. Mais si nous avons quelque chose à dire, ceux qui sont en cabine peuvent sortir de cabine et faire leur intervention. Je l'ai déjà fait, et c'est faisable. La seule condition: être suffisamment nombreux dans les cabines (3).

Et pour ce qui est de la responsabilité', j'ai confiance en un groupe de 6 à 9 interprètes expérimentés et militants. Ils sauront ce que Babels peut accepter ou proopser, et certains auront certainement de bonnes idées. Le mieux que l'on puisse faire, c'est s'assurer qu'ils aient tous lu tous les rapports sur le site web, pour qu'ils soient au courant des problèmes auxquels nous avons été confrontés, et pour qu'ils aient un bon aperçu de la politique linguistique que la majorité des Babeliens cherchent à promouvoir.

Proposition concrète:
-un groupe pour rédiger un article avec toute l'information sur la réunion, sur le CI, et les commissions, en au moins 2 langues, pour le mettre sur le site web;
-un groupe pour déterminer les besoins en interprétation, et pour organiser le groupe de volontaires pour le CI.

Steph peut s'occuper d'organiser le premier groupe, puisqu'elle a déjà participé plusieurs fois à des réunions du CI, et elle reçoit tous les emails.

Il y a plusieurs 'coordinateurs' vivant près de Hollande qui peuvent chercher un groupe d'interprètes bénévoles: Verónica et Andrea (Bruxelles), Gerd, Lisa et Helga (Allemagne), et tout autres personne qui se porte volontaire.

Les deux groupes peuvent travailler de façon parallèle et terminer tout en une semaine.

Je ne veux pas m'occuper de cette histoire. Ces réunions ne m'intéressent pas. Je viens de faire des propositions concrètes, vous pouvez essayer de les concrétiser, ou trouver une autre solution. Si vous ne faites rien, je m'en fiche. Si vous décidez de faire autre chose, je m'en fiche aussi. Pour moi, le travail essentiel se fera de toutes façons en dehors de ces réunions.

steph
.
.
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:00 am
Location: France

Postby steph » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:23 pm

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????,

[Je ne veux pas m'occuper de cette histoire. Ces réunions ne m'intéressent pas. Je viens de faire des propositions concrètes, vous pouvez essayer de les concrétiser, ou trouver une autre solution. Si vous ne faites rien, je m'en fiche. Si vous décidez de faire autre chose, je m'en fiche aussi.]

De quoi parles-tu? on dirait que quelqu'un te met un couteau sous la gorge pour te faire participer à toutes forces : participe, ne participe pas. Ben... oui, et alors? chacun décide, non?

[Pour moi, le travail essentiel se fera de toutes façons en dehors de ces réunions.]
Eh bien ce serait sans doute pas mal d'apporter des précisions sur ce point-là alors.

[Steph peut s'occuper d'organiser le premier groupe, puisqu'elle a déjà participé plusieurs fois à des réunions du CI, et elle reçoit tous les emails. ]
1) j'ai déjà répondu sur cette question : la situation actuelle est idiote mais je ne peux pas assumer la charge de travail que représente la digestion des mails provenant de cette mailing list (écriture individuelle ou collective de résumés).
Le mieux serait sans doute d'inscrire plusieurs personnes sur la mailing list dès maintenant.
2) en général, je dis "oui, j'assume cette responsabilité" ou "non, je ne prends pas cette responsabilité en charge" toute seule.

la version EN, demain.

Cheo
.
.
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Bruxelles
Contact:

Par responder a Yvonne

Postby Cheo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:26 am

Says Steph: Le Ci et ses commissions prennent des décisions politiques, qui ont un impact important : elles ont un impact sur la forme du FSM, son rythme, sa fréquence, son emplacement géographique, la façon dont le forum va être préparé, patati patata

En effet, sauf pour le patati patata, ce qui selons d'aucuns se decide dans la privacité des crânes de gens comme Cassens, Whitaker et al. quand ils prennent la douche, le CI agit par consensus, donc pas de vote, et ses decissions concernent en particulier la macroadministration des fora, comme l'explique Steph qui a d'ailleurs mille fois raison quand elle prône la transparence et l'égalité dans l'acces aux sources d'information et aux paradis consensuels.

Pour le moment, tout citoyen, babelite ou pas, devrait pouvoir se renseigner sur l'actualité du FS et l'etat de ses entrailles en visitant le site forumsocialmundial.org.br que je frequente et trouve souvent largement insufissant. Une bonne raison pour que celui qui le veuille et le puisse se propose comme donateur de remèdes ou d'une baguette magique qui produise des PV's complets (actas, minutes) de toutes les CI et son link d'acces depuis babels.org.

Je pense que Steph ne devrait pas trop s'inquieter pour l'horizontalité ou son absence relative ou absolue au sein de Babels et du FS; des huis clos, des tours d'ivoire ou de plastique il y en aura toujours partout, sauf que dans le cas du CI il devrait suffire d'y entrer comme babelite et de demander s.v.p. ouvrez grand ces fenetres. Si au bout du chemin cela ne devait pas suffire on peut alors parler de maladie et malaise.

Interpretation et traduction pour le FS Caracas 2006 et Africa 2007? Cela fait 4 jours que j'essaye de me renseigner sur l'existence du comité organisateur venezuelien, en vain. Mais je vais insister.

Trop paresseux pour offrir des versions bilingues. Soyez interprètes!

ljesover
.
.
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 am
Location: France

Re: Par responder a Yvonne

Postby ljesover » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:22 am

Cheo wrote: Interpretation et traduction pour le FS Caracas 2006 et Africa 2007? Cela fait 4 jours que j'essaye de me renseigner sur l'existence du comité organisateur venezuelien, en vain. Mais je vais insister.


A note. What are we talking about??
1- the IC as a debriefing of the WSF2005 (well no need)
2- The IC for the representation and the honor (hell, no)
3- the IC as a mean to create new projects. (why not)

Since there is no ongoing project linked with the IC in one way or another, it just about finding contacts for people willing to get them. It is just about knowing people there in order to ask them to get this contact. We know people that are going to be there. We can ask them whether they are Babels or not.

Babels do not have to be represented. We do not have to be because there is no reason to be. It is not about representation, but projects.

And once again besides what Cheo is asking there is no other so far.


-----

Juste une remarque. De quoi parlons-nous ?
1- Le CI comme debriefing du FSM2005
2- Le CI comme honneur et représentation et lieu de pouvoir
3- Le CI comme moyen de créer de nouveaux projets.

Pour moi.
1, pourquoi pas mais bon ce n'est pas forcément utile.
2, Babels n'existe pas en dehors d'un projet donc d'une équipe, la représentation de Babels est donc impossible
3, oui c'est un moyen pour informellement mettre en contact. Là pour le moment on le sait pour le Vénézuela >> Cheo. Pour le Maroc >> qui ?. D'autres personnes ont d'autres choses.

Je connais des personnes qui y vont, beh je les charge de ces courses pour qu'ils filent les contacts. Je ne comprends pas bien la difficulté.

Pour le moment ils n'ont pas demandé d'aide concernant l'interprétation bénévole. Mais s'ils le faisaient et bien on aurait sans difficulté des personnes que nous connaissons sur place que nous pouvons charger de commissions. Vous savez franchement, il n'y a rien d'autres. C'est aussi simple que cela. Mais c'est important de connaitre les personnes qu'on va charger de prendre les informations nécessaires.

Qui y va? Celui ou celle qui peut aller à Utrecht par ses propres moyens. Qui représente Babels ? Personne, Babels n'a pas besoin d'être représenté puisqu'en ce moment il n'y a aucun projet lié au CI d'une manière ou d'une autre. Voici ma proposition concrète et simple.

steph
.
.
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:00 am
Location: France

Postby steph » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:15 am

ciao ciao

Bon : je pige pas tout à la proposition concrète de Laurent - mais on s'en fout hein, on va pas polémiquer pendant 107 ans. Voyons ce qui peut se faire en avançant....

Alors, first things first : partager l'info.

Proposition concrète : peut-on rassembler tous les babelitas et babelitos qui souhaitent recevoir les emails du secrétariat du FSM sur une même mailing list, qu'on demande à inscrire sur la mailing list dudit secrétariat? (J'avoue que je ne sais plus trop si je suis inscrite en mon nom sur le truc du secrétariat ou sur une mailing list qui existerait déjà, mea culpa).
Libres à eux de s'organiser pour écrire des mini-résumés à partager avec tutti quanti, non? Je forwarderai à cette mailing list interne de babels tous les mails qui sont tombés au cours des dix derniers jours (tant que je sais pas qui veut recevoir les forwards entiers, je ne sais pas trop qu'en faire! )

Babels-tech : qu'en dites-vous?
;)

-------
Stéph

hi there
Well... I don't get it, Laurent, but who cares : let's not argue for centuries and let's see what we can do while going forward.

So, first things first : how do we share the info?

Concrete proposal : can we gather all the babelitas and babelitos willing to keep path with the IC, onto one internal Babels mailing list, which we would ask to register on the WSF secretariat mailing list? (sorry if it's already the case, I cannot remember whether my being registered on this WSF list is under my name or under a babels mailing list already). Then, it's up to the registered people to get organized so as to produce the digests to be shared with the rest of the network, right? I commit to forwarding all the past emails that were exchanged in the last 10 days to this Babels mailing list. (Not knowing who wants to receive them, I donot know what to do with those emails!)

Babels-tech : what do you say? is that feasible?

;)
Stéph

ljesover
.
.
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 am
Location: France

Postby ljesover » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:53 am

The mailinglists exist for over a year now. (that is where you are subscribed like all that wanted to). Please note that such a lists could be done for the ESF European Prepratory Assembly list which no one has tought of it, like for all the other Forums MedSF and so on... Like this anyone can receive information on the various forums without problem.

Information on the Babels IC lists have been published in various mailinglists including of course the ones of the people involved in this process in Mumbai and Porto Alegre and more generaly in the Babels general list. Anyone wishing to be subscribe to wsfsm@babels.org and wsfsm-grupos@babels.org can send a mail to babels-tech@babels.org in order to do so (as for any other lists of Babels). Please careful. You will receive spams from unrelated third parties (not IC and not Banels) in these mailinglists. You'll have therefore to sort mails (we cannot really avoid this since it is not a close list but on the contrary open to foreign mails... in order to receive the IC ones)

ljesover
.
.
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 am
Location: France

Postby ljesover » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:58 am

Careful this is a copy-paste ljesover, me:-)... did not wirte this

Map to build a New World

Project proposal to build a permanent and self-managed communication tool among WSF participants

Dear friends,

We have the pleasure of presenting our first contribution to the IC meeting (March 30 to April 2) and to the Methodology, Content and Thematic, Communication and Expansion commissions seminar. It is the "Map to build a New World", which has implications on our work on communication, methodology and expansion. It was built in order to face the challenge of a descentralized 2006 and a WSF 2007 in Africa. It tries to answer to the need of setting up a permanent dialogue around all WSF process - and not only the events. Follow, attached, the original version in Portuguese. After, Spanish and English version will be sent.

Warm hugs,
International Secretariat-Brazil


Mapa da Construção do Mundo Novo
Projeto para comunicação permanente e auto-gerida entre os que participam do Fórum Social Mundial


1. A realização de um Fórum Social Mundial descentralizado em 2006, e de um FSM na África em 2007, representa ao mesmo tempo um enorme desafio e uma grande oportunidade. Como não haverá evento único no próximo ano, e como o Fórum num país africano precisa obrigatoriamente de mobilização e solidariedade internacional, será preciso facilitar e estimular ao máximo o processo FSM. É dele que poderão surgir, nos próximos dois anos, as energias necessárias para alimentar e seguir renovando o “espírito de Porto Alegre”. É parte essencial deste esforço desenvolver um sistema eficiente de comunicação entre os que se reconhecem no Fórum Social Mundial – como foi afirmado na última reunião do Conselho Internacional e tem sido lembrado com insistência na lista eletrônica do CI.

2. O desafio principal para resolver este problema é garantir o princípio da diversidade. Como todos sabem, informação e comunicação são poder. A pergunta é: de que forma criar um sistema de comunicação eficiente sem que isso signifique empoderar, no processo FSM, o grupo encarregado de gerir o sistema? Como evitar que predomine, na edição da informação, um ponto de vista ou uma sensibilidade política específica?

3. O sistema de comunicação via internet criado durante o período de inscrições e aglutinações para o FSM 2005 oferece uma pista preciosa para superar este impasse. Embora rudimentar, ele representou uma pequena revolução. Pela primeira vez, a informação sobre as atividades inscritas deixou de ser controlada pelo Comitê Organizador do evento, e foi compartilhada entre todos os participantes do processo. A relação transformou-se. Antes, havia entidades de todo o mundo que demandavam ao CO a inscrição de sua atividade; a partir deste ano, a programação do evento pôde ser construída em colaboração, por organizações de todo o mundo. O fato de o sistema eletrônico usado ser ainda muito rudimentar não diminui a importância política do passo dado.

4. O presente projeto inspira-se neste primeiro avanço para sugerir a criação de um sistema de comunicação, permanente e auto-gerido, entre os que participam do Fórum Social Mundial. Ele vê a possibilidade de dar três grandes saltos em relação ao que foi alcançado em 2005. Um político: sugere-se uma comunicação sobre o processo FSM e suas ações – e não apenas sobre um evento específico. Um comunicativo: abre-se, para todas as organizações participantes do Fórum, a possibilidade de informarem todas as demais, a qualquer tempo, sobre suas iniciativas; e estimula-se a criação de grupos permanentes (“comunidades”) voltadas à construção de propostas, ações e eventos. Um técnico: para obter tais objetivos, é preciso criar uma base de dados muito mais poderosa, e contar com um servidor e banda de transmissão adequados.

5. O sistema foi inicialmente apelidado Mapa da Construção do Mundo Novo porque pretende reunir num espaço da internet, e tornar facilmente acessíveis, informações sobre qualquer iniciativa ligada ao Fórum Social Mundial. O princípio básico é a auto-informação. As próprias organizações que participaram dos FSMs anteriores, e que se inscreverem para os próximos, serão convidadas a descrever o que são e as ações que desenvolvem para construir uma nova sociedade. Uma ficha eletrônica de identidade, que pode ser preenchida e modificada a qualquer tempo (com o uso de uma senha) permitirá informar sobre quatro temas: 1) a identidade da organização; 2) as ações permanentes que desenvolve por um mundo novo; 3) as atividades que pretende realizar nos próximos Fóruns Sociais (2006, 2007, regionais, nacionais, temáticos, etc); 4) as iniciativas de sua agenda que quer compartilhar com os demais participantes do mundo FSM. A ficha eletrônica pode ser preenchida em etapas e inclusive personalizada – com símbolos da organização, textos, imagens, cores, etc. Respeitada a Carta de Princípios, não há nenhuma interferência ou edição externa: cada organização é responsável por fornecer, como considerar mais apropriado, informações sobre si mesma.

6. A comunicação é assegurada por um sistema avançado de Buscas. Ao preencher, em sua ficha eletrônica, cada um dos quatro itens descritos acima, a organização deve relacioná-lo a um Espaço Temático e a uma Palavra-Chave do processo FSM. Em todos os itens, há, evidentemente, possibilidade de múltiplas respostas: uma organização como o Grupo de Trabalho Amazônico pode relacionar iniciativas ligadas a vários Espaços Temáticos e Palavras-Chaves.

7. Fornecer informações é permitido apenas aos participantes dos FSMs. Mas a Busca é aberta a qualquer pessoa. Graças à indexação descrita acima, será possível pesquisar, por exemplo, que atividades ligadas ao comércio internacional estão previstas para o Fórum Social Mundial 2006-capítulo Venezuela; ou que organizações do Peru desenvolvem permanentemente atividades ligadas à defesa da água como bem comum da humanidade; ou que ações estão previstas para o Brasil em 1º de maio de 2006. As respostas obtidas serão as que tiverem sido fornecidas pelos próprios responsáveis pelas iniciativas, o que garantirá a horizontalidade e estimulará a adesão rápida ao sistema.

8. A comunicação permanente é estimulada, ainda, pela possibilidade de montar grupos eletrônicos para troca de informações, e opiniões – as Comunidades. Por meio delas, circulam mensagens, documentos, imagens, agendas, etc. Qualquer organização inscrita num FSM pode criar uma ou várias, mas a adesão é sempre voluntária, e as Comunidades não conferem a seus organizadores nenhum privilégio ou “direito” especial no mundo dos Fóruns. Pode haver comunidades (uma ou mais) para propor e organizar atividades relacionadas à dívida externa no Fórum Social Europeu; para debater as conseqüências da entrada em vigor do Protocolo de Kyoto; para coordenar a arrecadação de fundos em favor das vítimas da onda de fome no Timor Leste; para preparar as manifestações previstas para 10 de setembro de 2005, em diversas partes do mundo; etc, etc, etc.

9. Além de permitir consultas instantâneas, o sistema facilita uma reorganização do sítio do Fórum Social Mundial, providência há algum tempo reclamada. A página de abertura do site poderá reservar um espaço (por exemplo, a lateral direita, como no sistema Indymedia) para as informações produzidas autonomamente pelas organizações participantes do Mapa. A ficha eletrônica das organizações conterá um campo que indaga: “Deseja comunicar iniciativas no site FSM?” A resposta positiva abrirá um formulário para publicação de textos. Não haverá edição, exigindo-se apenas respeito à Carta de princípios e, eventualmente, a critérios de publicação (admitem-se apenas convocações e relatos de atividades? Ou aceitam-se também opiniões sobre qualquer tema?). A publicação é automática; os textos sucedem-se por ordem de entrada, sem privilégios.

10.No site, um segundo espaço (a lateral esquerda da página de abertura, por exemplo) poderia ser reservado às centenas de publicações independentes de todo o mundo que se envolvem com o processo do Fórum Social Mundial e seus eventos, produzindo informação relevante. Na área central estariam as informações institucionais e os menus de acesso a toda a informação disponível no site.

11.O sucesso político de nossa metodologia em 2005, após a incorporação das aglutinações; a resposta estimulante à consulta de 2004; e a percepção generalizada de que é preciso continuar avançando, no esforço para combinar diversidade com facilitação das ações comuns – tudo isso encoraja a apostar a favor de uma rápida adesão ao sistema. Assim como o FSM 2005, a idéia central que o anima é respeitar à risca os princípios da auto-organização e da não-hierarquização das atividades e iniciativas; mas, ao mesmo tempo, criar instrumentos que estimulem as articulações entre quem quer construir um mundo novo em todas as partes do mundo, com base em múltiplos sujeitos sociais, formas de organização e tradições políticas.

12.O sistema não atinge a autonomia metodológica dos FSMs 2006 e 2007, nem dos demais Fóruns Sociais – mas pode prestar um importante auxílio a eles. Ao informar que atividades se propõem a realizar nestes fóruns, as organizações não estão, necessariamente, concretizando sua inscrição. Esta deverá ser feita nos sistemas criados por cada Comitê Organizador, que estabelecerão prazos, valor das inscrições, critérios para alocação das atividades nos espaços físicos disponíveis, etc. Nada impede, porém, que recolham, no Mapa, informações úteis sobre as intenções relacionadas ao Fórum que organizam; ou mesmo que construam seu sistema de inscrições interligado com o do Mapa, se assim o desejarem.

13.O trabalho de construção do Mapa precisa ser iniciado imediatamente, tendo em vista interceder desde já no calendário político de nosso processo. No início de abril, durante a reunião do Conselho Internacional, a Secretaria-Brasil pretende apresentar, além de suas bases políticas, informações mais detalhadas sobre o prazo de construção, os custos, aspectos de sua forma gráfica e dos formulários para inclusão de informações. Garantida a captação de recursos, um grande esforço deve ser feito para que o sistema entre em funcionamento até o início do segundo semestre, para contribuir com o processo de informação dos eventos que inaugurarão, em janeiro de 2006, o VI FSM.

monica
.
.
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:48 pm

Participación en el CI

Postby monica » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:21 pm

Estimados amigos de Babels:
(Esta va en Español,mañana en FR).

Por razones laborales me encontraré en Europa,en Francia concretamente durante las fechas de reunión del CI.
Deseo participar en las reuniones para seguir el debate en razón de lo siguiente:
1)Participar no quiere decir tener voz y voto.Pueden asistir delegados,observadores e intérpretes.Simplemente deseo aprovechar la oportunidad de seguir el debate sobre la diversidad de lenguas a interpretar dentro del marco FSM en los distintos continentes de manera directa.Poseo la experiencia de Quito en el FSA y el FSM de POA 2005,lo cual me permite aportar a los nuevos delegados que asistan ,dentro del proceso de formación y transmisión de experiencia.
Una buena combinación es que haya miembros de los tres anteriores grupos,delegados,observadores e intérpretes,tanto nuevos como viejos.

2)Ofrezco mi participación como intérprete,aunque opino que si se hace en Holanda,Babels Holanda debe tener la prioridad.

3)Es muy posible que el próximo FSM descentralizado se realice en el país vecino ,Venezuela.La experiencia de movilización en AL no tuvo éxito en Venezuela para el FSA 2004 de Quito a pesar de todos los esfuerzos .
Para POA 2005 conseguimos algunos contactos,mas no suficientes para el reto que se aproxima. Babels Colombia y su coordinación ha entrado a dinamizar este proceso en Venezuela por razones culturales,de lengua, vecindad, y de amistad entre los dos países,y tendremos reuniones físicas mas adelante según las decisiones del CI.
4)Colombia, en caso de que el FSM sea en Venezuela es el país mas económico para la interpretación del Foro,aparte de los nacionales.Esto quiere decir que como para el FSA el proceso en mi país es de gran compromiso,y solo con información de primera mano se puede garantizar
esta dinámica.
5)Como miembro de Babels desde la Contra Cumbre del G-8 , pienso que todos los que deseemos participar y estemos en capacidad de hacerlo por nuestro compromiso con Babels y por la comprensión del proceso FS podemos hacerlo sin distinción alguna de viejos o nuevos,latinos o europeos.Comparto plenamente la carta que Yan redactó al respecto de babels y el CI.

Mónica Salom
Babels Colombia

bettina
.
.
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:51 am
Location: Porto Alegre

IC meeting

Postby bettina » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:29 pm

EN
Hi to all
First: there seems to be largely lack of information on how the IC works. If you care to read the Charter of WSF, you will see that decisions are taken by consensus: there is no voting on whatever issue.
Second: I agree with Yan' proposition. I believe those who are closer should participate in the IC meeting, be it in Holland, Brazil or Timbuktu. I cannot think of a reason for paying a ticket to someone from the other side of the globe to go to the meeting. A group of local interpreters could take charge of interpreting, and the group should be large enough to take turns to be at the table and in the booth. After all, I think it is never enough to symbolically show that we are: part of the IC, AND volunteer interpreters. :-)
Third: I strongly advocate that all communication should be made in Babels forum. We do not need restricted mailing lists.

ES
Hola a todos
Primeiro: parece haber una falta de información general de como el IC. Si Uds. se dan al trabajo de leer la Carta de Principios de FSM, vendrán que las decisiones se toman por consenso. No hay sistema de votación.
Segundo: Estoy de acuerdo con la propuesta de Yan. Los que están más cerca deben participar de la reunión del CI, sea en Holanda, Brasil o Timbuktu. No hay razón para pagar un pasaje a álguien del otro lado del globo para participar en la reunión. UN grupo local de intérpretes puede participar de la reunión y ser grande lo suficiente para estar en la mesa y en las cabinas. Pienso que nunca es demasiado mostrar simbolicamente que somos: parte del CI E intérpretes voluntarios :-)
Tercero: defiendo que se hagan todas las comunicaciones en el foro de Babels y no por medio de listas restrictas.

Leda
.
.
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA (USA)

Postby Leda » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:34 pm

EN/ES

Hi all.
I just read the two (long) pages in this forum about the participation of Babels in the IC meeting that will take place in Utrecht by the end of the month (about two weeks from now, if I may remind you).

There seem to be two diametrically opposed positions on many different issues – the same old antagonism that messes up so many other areas of Babels. On one side, we have people worried about doing a transparent, organized process to decide (or at least provide general guidelines to decide) if we go, and how we go, and who goes, and what we do and say there; on the other side, we have people who argue that things should be left to their own course, and that spontaneously, and horizontally, Babels will be there anyway and will do a great job.

The questions I see asked here by all are roughly these:

1. Who goes? The veterans, as usual, those who have been to at least one meeting or a commission meeting? New people? Old/new people who are closer to Utrecht? (And even, should we go?)
2. What do these people say there? (Or do they say something? Or is it not important after all, because all “consensual decisions” are privately made on the corridors anyway?)
3. How accountable will they be for what they say or do not say? (Should a debriefing with or among “veterans” be mandatory prior to the meeting? Should the whole network be informed? Should an immediate report to the network, following the meeting, be mandatory?)
4. Who pays travel and lodging for “delegates” and interpreters? The IC? And who will negotiate that with them?
5. Who selects and organizes whatever number of interpreters the IC might need? Did they ask for interpreters? Did we offer them interpretation?

At least the first question seems to have been answered so far: should we go? who goes?

The answer is “yes,” we need to go, and Laurent and Mónica are going anyway. (If someone else wants to join them, AND lives in Paris, Laurent even offered seats in the car he is negotiating with his wife.)

They will do there what they will do there, and they will tell us (or at least some of us) what they see fit, when they see fit. Which apparently answers questions 2 and 3.

Now we are left with questions 4 and 5, just in case someone else would like to go but can’t afford it or does not live in Paris. Other veterans of IC meetings are not willing to go this time, for political or personal reasons. Someone said Cheo would like to go, and not as an interpreter. Others suggested babelit@s who are closer to Utrecht, which I find an absolute common sense position – people from Belgium, Germany... Names were dropped – did we consult these people? (Helga, Gerd, Verónica...) Do these people even know this forum is going on? Did someone talk to the IC to know if they are paying tickets and lodging for Babels delegates, and/or interpreters? Or are Laurent and Mónica paying their way and their lodging there? Being a loose network, we of course have to depend on other organizations generosity – so someone has to go to such organizations and present a hat for the funds to be deposited in it, so to speak. Who is this someone?

I also didn’t see a word about organizing a small team of interpreters, or even on the IC meeting needs in that area, as if Babels were not founded for that purpose in the first place. (On this topic I’d venture the suggestion that having the same people in booths and at the meeting table might result in bad interpretation and mediocre participation in the debates. We have seen the movie, read the book, and heard the CD: let’s not do it again!)

Suggestions:

1. Laurent and Mónica could take upon them the task of getting organized (and getting funds for) all people who were mentioned as interested or geographically well positioned to go. Any of us who would like to help on that task, just join them. No need for an endless forum debate on fundamental issues that, in this particular case, are in fact resolved: yes, we go; and yes, we already know of at least two babelit@s who will be there.
2. L&M could also get a hold of the interpretation issue, or delegate that task to some of the others. Interested people volunteer with them, period. (It might be a good idea to send a call for volunteer interpreters in Holland, Germany, Belgium etc.)
3. I personally volunteer to establish a workgroup to deal with the issue of “representation” at the IC (and later also in other instances at Babels itself). That group would consolidate the information we have about the IC, including a little history of previous Babels participation in the meetings (who was there, what we said etc), and suggest to the network general guidelines for future IC meetings.

That seems to me a more consequent thing to do than to entertain a lively political debate in an emergency mode, just two weeks before an event happens. We may feel good about it (“we democratically debate everything!”) but there is very little democracy in this procedure, for all reasons and some, and it is absolutely useless regarding the immediate goal: to be present in a major meeting, and to offer good interpretation. Usually the result is that active coordinators appropriately take matters in their own hands, and make “collective” decisions without any consultation, sometimes following their own personal political agenda. (Please don’t take this comment personally: Mónica and particularly Laurent did wonders for Babels, and their hard work is good and welcome; my criticism is not personal, it is against a structure that unavoidably generates this kind of situation.)

Many IC meetings went by already, and Babels was “represented” in all of them without any previous debates or guidelines from the network. So much for the “loose network” philosophy – if you let a network be without minimally regulating it (and this is mathematically proven, guys), it will just create clusters of decision-makers who delude themselves (and all of us) into believing they are “part of a network.”

If we, as a group, don’t come to realize that once and for all, then I can only suggest that on the occasion of the next IC meeting we just paste this discussion in a new forum, and change the date.

Wishing the best for Babels, truly,
Leda
PS: Stéph, I deeply appreciate the important considerations of your last post. Please bring them to the workgroup on representation issues. (I’ll do the boring work of putting stuff together, don’t worry!) ?

ES
Hola todos.
Acabo de leer las dos (largas) paginas de este forum sobre la participación de Babels en la reunion del CI que se realizará en Utrecht al final del més (en cerca de dos semanas, se me permiten recordarles).

Parece haber dos posiciones diametralmente opostas en varias cuestiones – el mismo viejo antagonismo que daña tantos otros sectores de Babels. De un lado, tenemos gente preocupada en tener un proceso transparente y organizado para decidir (o al menos establecer guiones generales para decidir) se vamos, y como vamos, y quien va, y lo que debemos hacer y decir allá; del otro lado, tenemos gente que argumenta que las cosas debían ser dejadas para seguir su proprio curso, y que espontaneamente, horizontalmente, Babels estará presente de cualquier manera y hará un gran trabajo.

Las preguntas que veo en este forum son más o menos estas:

1. ¿Quien va? ¿Los veteranos, como siempre, aquellos que ya estuvieron en al menos una reunion general o de commission? ¿Gente nueva? ¿Gente vieja/nueva que vive más cercano de Utrecht? (Y también, ¿debemos ir?)
2. ¿Qué van a decir allá esas personas? (Y, ¿deben decir algo? ¿Ó no es importante afinal, porque todas las “decisions consensuales” acaban por ser tomadas privadamente en los corredores?)
3. ¿Qué responsabilidad tendrán ellos por lo que dicen o no dicen? (¿Debería ser obligatorio un debriefing con o entre los “veteranos” antes de la reunion? ¿Deberíamos informar a toda la red? ¿Debería ser obligatório un reporte inmediato a la red luego de la reunion?)
4. ¿Quien paga el viaje y el alojamiento para los “delegados” e interpretes? ¿El CI? ¿Y quién va a hablar de eso con ellos?
5. ¿Quien selecciona y organiza el número que sea de intérpretes que el CI pueda necesitar? ¿El CI nos ha pedido intérpretes? ¿Hemos ofrecido interpretación al CI?

Por lo menos la primera pregunta parece ya estar contestada (¿quien va? ¿debemos ir?).

La respuesta es “sí”, debemos ir, y Laurent y Mónica van de cualquier modo. (Se alguién desea unirse a ellos, Y vive en Paris, Laurent hasta ofreció lugares en el carro que está negociando con su mujer.)

Los dos van a hacer allá lo que van a hacer allá, y nos van a contra (o al menos a algunos de nosotros) lo que les parezca, cuando les parezca. Lo que aparentemente responde las preguntas 2 y 3.

Ahora nos restan las preguntas 4 y 5, solo para el caso en que alguién le gustaría ir pero no puede pagarlo o no vive en Paris. Otros veteranos de las reuniones del CI no quieren ir de esta vez, por razones personales o políticas. Alguién dijo que a Cheo le gustaría ir, y no como intérprete. Otros han propuesto que vayan los babelit@s más cercanos de Utrecht, lo que me parece absoluto senso comun – gente de Belgica, Alemania… Nombres fueron citados – ¿hemos consultado a esa gente? (Helga, Gerd, Verónica…) ¿Y saben ellos al menos de la existencia de este forum? ¿Alguién habrá hablado con el CI para saber se ellos están pagando pasajes y hoteles para los representantes de Babels y/o para los intérpretes? Como una “red suelta”, está claro que nosotros dependimos de la generosidad de otras organizaciones – entonces alguién tiene que ir a tales organizaciones y presentar un sombrero, digamos así, para que los fondos sean depositados en él. ¿Quien es ese “alguién”?

También no leí una sola palabra sobre la organización de un pequeño equipo de intérpretes, ni mismo sobre las posibles necesidades del CI en ese area, como se Babels no hubiera sido fundada precisamente para hacer interpretación. (Con relación a esto, me ariesgo a decir que no sería una buena idea usar las mismas personas para interpretar y para sentarse a la mesa de debates – normalmente eso resulta en mala interpretación y participación política mediocre. Hemos ya visto esa pelicula, y leído el libro y escuchado el CD: ¡evitemos hacerlo otra vez!)


Sugerencias:

1. Laurent y Mónica podrían tomar en sus manos la tarea de organizar (y encontrar fondos para) toda la gente mencionada aquí como interesada o geograficamente bien posicionada para ir. Cualquiera de nosotros a quién le gustaría ayudar, basta juntarse a ellos. No es necesario este debate sin fin en el forum sobre cuestiones de fondo que, en este caso particular, ya están de hecho resueltas: sí, vamos; y sí, ya sabemos que al menos dos babelit@s van a estar allá.
2. L&M podrían también cuidar de la cosa de la interpretación, o delegar esa tarea a algunos de los otros. Gente interesada en eso se voluntaria con ellos, punto. (Puede ser una buena idea enviar un llamado a intérpretes voluntaries en Holanda, Alemania, Bélgica etc.)
3. Yo personalmente soy voluntaria para crear un grupo de trabajo para tartar de la cuestión de la “representación” en el CI (y despues también en otras instancias de la própria Babels). Ese grupo podría consolidar la información que tenemos sobre el CI, incluso una pequeña história de la participación de Babels en las reunions (quien estuvo allá, que ha dicho etc), y sugerir a la red guiones generales para futuras reunions del CI.

Eso me parece más consequente que de mantener un vivo debate politico en un modo emergencial, solo dos semanas antes del evento. Podemos sentirnos bien sobre eso (“¡debatimos todo democraticamente!”) pero hay muy poca democracia en ese procedimiento, por todas las razones y algunas más, y es absolutamente inutil con relación al objetivo inmediato: estar presente en una reunion importante y ofrecer buena interpretación. Normalmente el resultado es que coordinadores más activos con toda razón tomen las cosas en sus manos y tomen decisions “colectivas” sin ninguna consulta, a veces seguienco sus proprias agendas políticas personales. (Por favor no tomen este comentario como personal: Mónica y particularmente Laurent han hecho maravillas por Babels, y su trabajo duro es bueno y bienvenido; mi crítica no es personal sino en contra la estructura que inevitavelmente genera ese tipo de situación.)

Muchas reuniones del CI ya ocurrieron y Babels fue “representada” en todas sin ningun debate previo o guiones de la red. Es lo que vale la filosofia de la “red suelta” – se uno deja cualquier tipo de red simplemente ser, sin regular minimamente su operación (y eso está probado matematicamente, mis amig@s), ese proceso va a crear nada menos que bloques aislados de tomadores de decisiones que se iluden a ellos mismos (y a todos nosotros) con la idea de que son “parte de una red”.

Se, como grupo, no logramos darnos cuenta de eso de una vez, entonces mi sugerencia es que, por ocasión de la próxima reunión del CI, simplemente copiemos esta discussión para un nuevo forum y cambiemos la fecha.

Deseando lo mejor para Babels, de verdad,
Leda
PS: Stéph, me gustaron mucho las importantes consideraciones de tu última intervención. Por favor, trae esas ideas al grupo de trabajo sobre representación. (Yo haré el trabajo desagradable de juntar cosas, ¡no te preocupes!) ?

steph
.
.
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:00 am
Location: France

Postby steph » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:35 pm

hi there

which workgroup on representation issue?
I was talking about letting people willing to follow the news on the IC, follow them by being directly registered on the IC mailing list. Then, if those people are willing to organize themselves so as to provide the rest of the network with info : all the better. :) But I donot know who's registered on the mailing lists mentioned by Laurent.

Time's running : who wants to receive the emails of the last 2 weeks? some address issues such as the trip itself, the venue, a solidarity fund, and a hilarious topic considering Babels' internal mess: what a disaster it is not to have a real decision-making process, hahahaha!
Anyway, I didnot read everything but it's a good way to understand some of the bowels of the WSF.
Stéph

---------------

ciao ciao
de quel groupe de travail sur la représentation parles-tu?
Je parlais d'ouvrir l'accès aux gens intéressés par le CI, via l'inscription directe sur la mailing list du secrétariat du FSM, à travers une mailing list de Babels. Si, dans la foulée, les inscrits veulent bien se charger d'informer le reste du réseau de ce qui se passe au niveau du conseil international, c'est tant mieux. Mais, personnellement, je ne sais pas qui est inscrit sur les listes mentionnées par Laurent.

Mais le temps vole : qui veut recevoir les emails échangés au cours des 2 dernières semaines sur la prochaine réu du CI? Les participants y abordent des questions comme le voyage, l'agenda de la réu, le fonds de solidarité et un truc assez drôle, vu le bordel babélien : combien c'est le bordel de ne pas avoir de processus de prise de décision clair, :)))
Bref : ça donne un bon aperçu de certaines coulisses du fsm et ça, c'est pas mal pour apprendre à se situer sur la question.
stéph

ljesover
.
.
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 am
Location: France

Postby ljesover » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:08 am

I do not know why there is a discussion on persons, because frankly who say he/she will be able to go.

Most likely I will not go to this IC starting on a Wednesday, which is a working day for me and ending a Saturday.

Neverthless the IC secretariat email us this following mail...


As you know, we are preparing the next IC meeting in Netherlands (March 30  commissions - to April 2).

But we are facing huge financial constraints after WSF 2005. We got the rooms for the meeting, accommodation for people from the South and food for everybody for the meeting days. However, we dont have budget for the translation equipment. In the last Brazilian Secretariat meeting, the suggestion was to get in touch with you to see how we can solve this problem: could you get translation equipment for free for this meeting? If so, what kind of equipment, what are the necessary technical specifications and who could be the contact person?

About interpretation, friends from Amigos de la Tierra in Netherlands told us that they could find some people for interpretation. Do you think it would be possible also to mobilize people from Babels network in case they dont find? As always, we have at least English and Spanish translation, but since there is the concern with Africa, maybe French should also be one language.

grazi111
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: the Hague
Contact:

New arrival

Postby grazi111 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:04 pm

Hello, all.
I would like to introduce myself, I have participated in the WSF last January in POA as a POR/EN/POR interpreter from Sao Paulo. The whole thing was a wonderful experience and I have firm intentions on further participating. Please keep me informed. Kind regards, Graziella Guimaraes
Last edited by grazi111 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

monica
.
.
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:48 pm

reunión del CI

Postby monica » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:18 pm

Estimados amigos de Babels:

Quería informarles que no fui a Holanda para la reunión del CI.
Me gustaría saber lo que se discutió durante las reuniones.

Mónica Salom
Babels Colombia

Cheo
.
.
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Bruxelles
Contact:

CI Utrecht?

Postby Cheo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:03 pm

So, anybody knows anything about whatever happened at the CI in Utrecht? Please be kind and inform.

ljesover
.
.
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 am
Location: France

Postby ljesover » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:34 am

I was not in Utrecht. But as far as I understood

1- Next meeting

Dear friends,

According what was decided in Utrecht, the next IC meeting will be held in Barcelona, from June 20 to 22, 2005. The IC commissions meetings will be scheduled before, simultaneously to the Mediterranean Social Forum (from June 16 to 19).

Those people who will need a Visa for the meeting must send the following information to the email fsmci@uol.com.br: complete name, organization, passport number (with validity date) untill April 25th. Information on logistics and meeting preparation will be sent after.

We are finishing the translation of the Utrecht IC meeting report into English and Spanish. A mixed version, with texts in both languages, was already sent to the IC and its commissions mailing lists on last Saturday (April 8).

Warm regards,

Alessandra Ceregatti
WSF office - São Paulo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caros/as amigos/as,

Conforme decisão de Utrecht, a próxima reunião do CI do FSM será realizada em Barcelona, entre os dias 20 e 22 de junho de 2005. As reuniões das comissões do CI serão agendadas antes, simultaneamente ao Fórum Social Mediterrâneo (de 16 a 19 de junho).

As pessoas que necessitem de visto para a reunião devem enviar até o dia 25 de abril a seguinte informação para o email fsmci@uol.com.br: nome completo, organização, número do passaporte (com data de validade). Informações sobre logística e preparação da reunião serão enviadas posteriormente.

Estamos terminando a tradução para o inglês e o castellano do relatório da reunião do CI em Utrecht. Uma versão mista, com textos em ambas as línguas, já foi enviada para as listas do CI e de suas comissões no último sábado (8 de abril).

Abraços,

Alessandra Ceregatti
WSF office - São Paulo


2- Polycentric (new terminology !!) WSF

Venezuela in Caracas and probably India (with Pakistan) in Dehli are on in January. Probably Mali in Bamako also. But it needs confirmation. This agreement if going on would free the way for a 2007 WSF in Kenya as Mali (the latest) and Kenya (the first) proposed both to host a WSF. Marocco might be still on but later in the year maybe in June (still need confirmation).

3- Official report for the meeting

This is a 32 pages paper. I put it online here as a pdf because it is too long to reproduce it in the Forum

http://www.babels.org/IMG/pdf/ci_utrecht.pdf


.

Leda
.
.
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA (USA)

Re: New arrival

Postby Leda » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:02 pm

grazi111 wrote:Hello, all.
I would like to introduce myself, I have participated in the WSF last January in POA as a POR/EN/POR interpreter from Sao Paulo. The whole thing was a wonderful experience and I have firm intentions on further participating. I have just heard of the IC meeting in the Netherlands soon. Please, let me know what I can do to help. I am now a student in Leiden, and a new resident of the city of den Haag since last January. Where is the meeting taking place? Can I offer my interpretation services? Do you need help with any sort of preparation/logistics? Can I help perhaps accomodating someone in my home? You can contact me at 065262-9411, or at grazi111@yahoo.com. Please keep me informed. Kind regards, Graziella Guimaraes


Did someone reply in private to Graziella, if I may ask? I don't see any replies to her here on this page. She was the perfect member to be in Utrecht, and if we did not grab (and give her) that opportunity, we missed big time...

Leda

ljesover
.
.
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 am
Location: France

Postby ljesover » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:33 am

I did and send them and her their contacts as I did email to people in Holland to tell them what is going on next to them and ask them if they authorize me to forward their contacts. Some did reply. I again cross inform all of their contacts.

I do not know what happened afterward. No one obviously yet had the time or remembered to feed-back (if any one finaly went to help).

ljesover
.
.
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 am
Location: France

Re: New arrival

Postby ljesover » Tue May 17, 2005 6:42 am

Leda wrote: Email sent on Mondy 16 May
Hi all. I just visited the IC messages archive, and found three points that I think are important and need to be shared with you. 1) In an email about propositions to improve internal communication in the IC, I found this reference to Babels: "Ruego que un posible CONVENIO CON BABELs contemple también la traducción (inglés, castellano, francés) de la lista de mails. Es imposible lograr mayor fluidez, si falta lo más básico, entender el idioma.[Norma]" (I urge that a possible AGREEMENT WITH BABELS contemplates also translation [of materials] in the mailing lists (EN, ES, FR). It is impossible to reach greater fluidity if we lack the most basic [ingredient]: to understand the language (Norma)." 2) In an email from the ""steering committee" of the polycentric FSM in Maroc, dated 5/16, En un mail del "comité de pilotaje" del FSM policentrico en Marruecos, con fecha de hoy día, había eso: "Aujourd’hui, à plus d’un mois des échanges avec les autorités marocaines, aucune réaction officielle ne nous a été communiquée. (Today, more than a month after the start of conversations with Moroccan authorities, we still don't have any official reaction.) Apparently, the Moroccan SF risks not to happen. 3) Another important point is that many organizations are already signing up for the workgroups to start preparations aiming at the IC meeting in Barcelona, in June. As far as I know, Babels is not signed up for any commission - and it seems important to have someone there. Does anyone know which commission takes care of translation/interpretation? Is it the Communication Commission? On another token, who would be Babels' representatives in the meetings of commissions that interest us? Or in the IC meeting in Barcelona? This kind of representation was never debated, not even informed when Babels was indeed represented in many such meetings. In the two cases where there was an open debate about participation and representation - Utrecht and Havana - no consensus was reached, and Babels did not participate in neither meeting by mere inertia (not because we consensually decided not to participate). I suggest it would be a good idea to start to debate now, when we still have time, a possible participation of Babels in the IC meeting in June.
Best, Leda


Hello Leda,

For me the non participation of Babels in Utrecht it is because we had nothing to do there. No "project"... no "representation". Inertia has nothing to do with it, the proof is that not only did we took the opportunity to contact all people registered in Holland to tell them what was going on, but some did help only for translation during some meeting (memory) in Amsterdam before Utrecht.

We do not need to have representatives in any meeting if there is no project and no agenda (or if people are curious, well for me they can seat where they want and listen like we opened these list to all). Furthermore as you noticed there are many other way of participating: translation (written, as you noticed ... that we are involved with, and oral during the meeting.

But we do not have to be religious about the IC (for the HC I do not know). In this case it is more to "caracas 06" to see what they have at stake if they have anything at stake related to the IC. For Marrocco (rest in peace). And the rest is a blur. The other project that is alsways discreet but has anything to do maybe in the IC that I see is "transtrad" since they are working on the WSF for the past year now... at least.

In conclusion for me it is useless to have a long or short debate out of the blue and related with the IC like this. It is to exisiting projects to see if they have something at stake related with the IC and to share it here. Like this if someone related or not by the way with Babels can resolve this. I resent totally the representation for the representation with no agenda (and discussion not related to anything real and concrete going on with real people, is for me no agenda)...

---------------

Pour moi la non participation de Babels à Utrecht ne relève pas de l'i,ertier mais du fait qu enous n'avions rien à y faire. Pas de "projet" ... pas de "représentation". L'inertie na rien à voir là dedans. La preuve, nous en avons profité pour contacter les personnes enregistrées en Hollande et leur expliquer ce qui se passait, la preuve quelques uns ont aidé durant une réunion (mémoire) à Amsterdam avant Utrecht.

Nous n'avons pas besoin d'avoir des représentants dans les rénuions s'il n'existe aucun projet et donc aucun agenda (ou si les personnes sont curieuses, elles peuvent s'asseoir là où elle souhaite et écrouter, pour moi pas de problème comme nous avons ouvert toutes les listes de ces instances). De plus comme ut l'as remarqué il y a plusieurs autres moyens de participer: traduction par exemple (écrite, comme tu le remarques... nous sommes inclus là-dedans, et orale durant la réunion).

Mais nous n'avons pas besoin de considérer le CI religieusement (pour le HC je ne sais pas). Dans ce cas c'est plus à "caracas 06" de voir s'il y a un enjeu et s'il y a un ejeu en lien avec le CI. Pour le Maroc (Reste ne paix). Le reste est pas clair. Le dernier projet que je vois pouvoir avoir quelque chose à faire dans le CI, qui est très discret, c'est "transtrad" puisque il travaille avec le FSM depuis au moins un an maintenant.

En conclusion, pour moi il est inutile d'avoir un débat long ou court ainsi déraciné et qui serait relié au CI ainsi. SI des projets ont quelques chose à voir avec ce CI, c'est à eux de le voir et de l'exprimer ici... ainsi on peut les partager tous et si une personne de Babels ou pas du reste, peut les porter eh bien voilà. Je naime pas du tout la représentation pour la représentation sans agenda (et une discussion qui n'est pas lié à quelque chose de conret et de réel dans lequel il y a des personnes réelles qui font des choses concrètes est pour moi une absence d'agenda)...

ljesover
.
.
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 am
Location: France

Postby ljesover » Tue May 17, 2005 9:37 pm

From the lists of the WSF INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL/ CONSEJO INTERNACIONAL DEL FSM/ CONSEIL INTERNATIONAL DU FSM:

(VERSION FRANCAISE)

Le processus continue
La mobilisation aussi

Le comité de pilotage du forum Social Maroc a rendu publique la position des autorités au lendemain des premières concertations d‚où il ressortait que le projet d‚un Forum Social Mondial polycentrique en janvier 2006 au Maroc, était irréalisable pour des raisons de logistique, d‚organisation, et de délai imparti : 8mois ont été estimés insuffisants pour pallier aux déficiences logistiques et garantir la réussite d‚une telle manifestation.

Tenant compte des remarques des autorités, le comité des relations exterieures a engagé des discussions avec le Conseil International du Forum Social Mondial.

Le désistement du Maroc venait compromettre l‚idée d‚organiser des forums polycentriques parallèles au mois de janvier 2006. Aussi, le CI a décidé de considérer l‚année 2006, année ouverte aux forums sociaux mondiaux polycentriques et a accordé au Maroc le délai du 20 avril pour se prononcer officiellement sur la tenue ou non du FSM en 2006.

A la lumière de ces nouvelles perspectives, le comité a repris contact avec les autorités pour leur faire part de notre disposition :

- à reporter la tenue du FSM polycentrique jusqu‚au mois de Juin/juillet ;

- à mobiliser les ressources humaines et financières ainsi que l‚expertise
cumulée par le Conseil International durant les cinq années des FSM pour
réussir la manifestation au Maroc ;

- à recevoir une délégation du Conseil International pour finaliser les aspects d‚organisation et de logistique avec le Comité du Forum Social Maroc et les autorités marocaines.

Les autorités nous ont demandé le délai du 30 avril 2005 pour se prononcer sur notre nouvelle demande. Nous avons de nouveau sollicité le C.I pour patienter, sachant qu‚à défaut du Maroc, le C.I doit déployer des efforts, dans des délais encore plus contraignants pour la tenue du FSM polycentrique dans un autre pays.

Aujourd‚hui, à plus d‚un mois des échanges avec les autorités marocaines, aucune réaction officielle ne nous a été communiquée.

Le comité de pilotage enregistre cette « non réponse du gouvernement » et se déclare fermement engagé à la poursuite du processus et de la mobilisation du mouvement social sur la programmation des forums thématiques, la connexion aux dynamiques régionales et internationales et renouvelle l‚appel à engager le processus d‚organisation du forum social maghrébin.

Les associations, les syndicats engagés dans le processus du FSM, sensibles à la conjoncture mondiale et à l‚impact de la domination économique et politique néo-libérale, se considèrent partie intégrante de l‚action internationale et affirment leur adhésion aux dynamiques sociales mondiales qui luttent pour un autre monde, un monde de paix, de démocratie, de répartition et d‚accès équitables aux richesses et au savoir.

Elles se mobilisent pour l‚enracinement et l‚élargissement de la dynamique du forum social mondial.

Rabat, le 12 mai 2005
Comité de pilotage

(ENGLISH VERSION)

The process continues
And so does the mobilization

The Moroccan Social Forum Steering Committee has made public the decisions made after the first agreements among Moroccan authorities, which asserted that it was impossible to accomplish the polycentric World Social Forum in January 2006 in Morocco due to problems concerning logistics, organization and prescribed period: 8 months were considered insufficient to compensate logistical deficiencies and guarantee the success of the event.

Considering the remarks made by the authorities, the external relations committee has started discussions along with the World Social Forum International Council.

Morocco’s renunciation will put at risk the idea of organizing parallel polycentric forums in January 2006. Plus, the IC has decided to consider the year 2006, year dedicated to the polycentric world social forums and has allowed Morocco to pronounce itself officially until April 20th about hosting or not the WSF 2006.

Considering these new perspectives, the Committee has got in touch again with the authorities to communicate them our willingness to:

- transfer the polycentric WSF to June/July;
- mobilize the necessary human and financial resources counting with the experience the International Council has after five years of WSF, in order to make possible the event in Morocco;
- receive a delegation from the International Council to conclude the organization and logistical aspects in partnership with the Moroccan Social Forum Committee and Moroccan authorities.

The authorities have asked us to postpone to April 30th the deadline for pronouncing themselves about our new demand. We have again asked the IC to be patient, knowing that because of Morocco the IC will have to make a bigger effort within a shorter period of time to hold a polycentric WSF in another country.

Now, after more than one month of negotiation with Moroccan authorities, we haven’t yet received any official reaction.

The provisional organizing committee has registered this “lack of answer from the government” and declares itself engaged in pursuit the process and the mobilization of the social movement concerning the program of the thematic forums, the connection to regional and international dynamics and to renew the call for start the organization process of the Maghrebian social forum.

The associations, workers union that are involved on the WSF process, that are sensible to the world conjuncture and to the impact caused by the neo-liberal economic and politic domination, that consider themselves part of the international struggle and affirm their adhesion to the world social dynamics, which struggle for another world, a world of peace, democracy, share and equal access to knowledge and wealth.
They mobilize themselves for the expansion and rooting of the world social forum dynamics.

Rabat May 12th, 2005
Steering Committee
Morocco Social Forum


(VERSÃO EM PORTUGUÊS)

O processo continua,
E a mobilização também

O comitê organizador do fórum social Marrocos anunciou a opinião das autoridadesmarroquinas sobre realizar o Fórum Social Mundial policêntrico no Marrocos em janeiro de 2006. Elas consideram impossível a realização do projeto por motivos logísticos e organizativos, a começar pelos prazos: 8 meses foram considerados insuficientes para resolver as deficiências logísticas e garantir o sucesso do evento.

Levando em consideração as observações feitas pelas autoridades marroquinas, o comitê de relações exteriores deu início a discussões, juntamente com o Conselho Internacional do Fórum Social Mundial.
A desistência do Marrocos comprometeria a idéia de organizar fóruns
policêntricos paralelos em janeiro de 2006. Além disso, o CI decidiu considerar o ano de 2006, um ano aberto aos fóruns sociais mundiais policêntricos e o Marrocos tinha até o dia 20 de abril para se pronunciar oficialmente sobre receber ou não o FSM em 2006.

À luz dessas novas perspectivas, o comitê retomou contato com as autoridades para lhes comunicar que estamos dispostos a:
- adiar a realização do FSM policêntrico para os meses de junho/julho;
- mobilizar os recurso humanos e financeiros necessários para realizar o evento no Marrocos, de acordo com a experiência acumulada pelo Conselho Internacional nesses cinco anos de FSM;
- Receber uma delegação do Conselho Internacional para finalizar os aspectos logísticos e de organização junto ao Comitê do Fórum Social Marrocos e às autoridades marroquinas.

As autoridades nos haviam pedido para dar uma resposta até o dia 30 de abril de 2005. Novamente, nós pedimos que o CI tenha um pouco mais de paciência, sabendo que caso o projeto em Marrocos falhe, o CI terá que se desdobrar com prazos muito mais apertados para realizar o FSM policêntrico em outro país.

Atualmente, após mais de um mês de negociação com as autoridades marroquinas, não nos foi comunicada nenhuma manifestação oficial.
O comitê organizador registra essa “não-resposta do governo” e se declara firmemente engajado na busca pelo sucesso do processo e na mobilização do movimento social para a programação dos fóruns temáticos, da conexão com as dinâmicas regionais e internacionais, além de renovar o apelo para começar o processo de organização do fórum social magrebino.

As associações, os sindicatos envolvidos no processo do FSM, que são sensíveis à conjuntura mundial e ao impacto da dominação econômica e política neoliberal, que se consideram parte integrante da ação internacional e afirmam a sua adesão às dinâmicas sociais mundiais que lutam por um outro mudo, um mundo de paz, de democracia, de distribuição e de acesso igualitário às riquezas a ao conhecimento.
Elas se mobilizam pela fortificação e pelo crescimento da dinâmica do fórum social mundial.

Rabat, 12 de maio de 2005
Comitê organizador


Return to “IC/CI - HC/CH - EPA/AEP”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest