Programme for the meeting: stage 2

EN Project of International Meeting of Babels and Networks for Alternative Translation and Communication Systems. ES Proyecto de Reunión Internacional sobre Babels y Redes de Equipos de Traducción Alternativa. FR Projet de rencontres internationales des réseaux Babels et d’équipement de traduction alternatif.

Moderator: Babels June 2006

nico
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:18 pm

question on how to connect different issues

Postby nico » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:28 pm

dear all,
i'm a active member of groups working on the memory of social forums and also phd reseacher in sociology working on social forums.
there should be some activities on both issues (memory and analyzing social forums, see topics in the same forum). there will probably be some specific meetings on both issues. however, i think that we all agree on the fact that those issues could/should be connected to the other that babels members will adress.
maybe there could be some activities specially dedicated to make the link between projets/issues supported by different actors. those activities could be made visible as activities aiming at linking - they could for example be called 'interstices' or something like that. or do you think it's better to organize them within the set of activities on every issue?
nicolas

Maria Fernanda
.
.
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:09 pm
Contact:

Organización de temas

Postby Maria Fernanda » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:13 pm

Compañeros/Colegas y amigos este foro ya está despegando pero de manera algo desordenada.
Estamos repitiendo temas solo que bajo encabezados diferentes. Es muy dificil seguir el hilo y poder tener una idea completa/general del tópico expresado pues se está leyendo lo mismo bajo diferentes títulos.

Propongo un poco de orden y tratar de agrupar o subagrupar los temas de tal manera que se pueda dar la participación de todas las ideas y comenzar a trabajar.
Es tan solo mi sentir pues como no puedo entrar al foro de manera regular, cuando lo hago es muy confuso y desgastador tratar entender el desarrollo de los comentarios.
Saludos
Maria Fernanda

Maria Brander
.
.
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:08 pm

For Bab-tech?

Postby Maria Brander » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:21 pm

I totally agree with you.
Why don't we merge some of the proposed activities into the following topics?

Training and sit-preps

Linguistic Diversity

Babels Tech (wiki, booths.,.)

Political Issues (autonomy, memory...)

Social Babels (Social Territory, analysing the forum, etc.)

Selection of Volunteers

Any others you can think of?

Does anyone know how we can do this or who can do it for us?
Thanks,
María.
Last edited by Maria Brander on Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maria Fernanda
.
.
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:09 pm
Contact:

Organización de temas

Postby Maria Fernanda » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:33 pm

Maria, gracias por responder. He ahí el detalle: no se como se hace para agrupar y/o subagrupar los temas. Será que el/la moderador(a) nos podría ayudar????
Gracias,
Maria Fernanda

Ivonne
.
.
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:40 am
Location: Uruguay
Contact:

Postby Ivonne » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:11 am

Totalmente de acuerdo, agrupemos y así podremos concretar algo en cada tema.
Creo que era necesario que cada quien desarrollara su idea, ahora tenemos que dialogar...

Clara de Borrero
.
.
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:32 am
Location: Bogota, Colombia

Organizacion de temas

Postby Clara de Borrero » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:06 pm

Hola, María Fernanda:
Tienes razón; se está haciendo cada vez más difícil seguirle el hilo a esto. María ya nos ha dado un paso en la selección de algunos de los temas que están sonando más para la Reunión Internacional. Propongo que la primera persona que haya lanzado el tema al aire se apropie de él y que los demás se unan a ella para promoverla, apoyarla y contribuir con sus ideas sobre el mismo.
Clara

Ivonne
.
.
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:40 am
Location: Uruguay
Contact:

Postby Ivonne » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:23 pm

Estoy de acuerdo en agrupar, pero la idea que tienes Clara puede causar conflicto, me parece más pertinente que babels-tech junte bajo un sólo nombre todo lo colgado sobre un tema y así podemos visualizarlo todo junto y evitamos las discusiones sobre quien 1º o 2º , temas de propiedad intelectual y cosa por el estilo que no favorecen a nuestro objetivo.
Que les parece de promocionar la agrupación en temas generales de todo lo colgado para que no quede nada fuera y participemos tod*s? Se suman a la idea?

Maria Brander
.
.
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:08 pm

horizontalidad

Postby Maria Brander » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:52 am

Yo estoy de acuerdo con Ivonne. Puede que alguien propusiera algo después que los demás pero lleve años trabajando en ello... creo que lo mejor es seguir el principio de horizontalidad de Babels, ¿no?

lorraine
.
.
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:27 pm
Location: Nr Milan, Italy

Postby lorraine » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:00 pm

Estoy de acuerdo con tod@s que necesitamos ragrupar. Como Yvonne, pensaba que tal vez Babels-tech tenga una 'panoramica' amplia de todos los temas.... y que todos queremos trabajar sin duplicaciones, hasta donde sea posible....
Cualquier sea el titulo 'oficial' de la sesion/las sesiones, me interesa participar en los que tratan de seleccion de voluntarios y organizacion babels a los varios niveles, y organizacion al interior de los foros sociales mismos (coordinacion de salas, seminarios, especializacion en temas etc)... pero no se cual tiene que ser el proximo paso rumbo la auto-organizacion..... creo que es necesario que 'alguien' ponga una lista finalizada de estos temas....

Lorraine

ljesover
.
.
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 am
Location: France

Postby ljesover » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:05 am

Yes, good idea why not regrouping? But at the same time could we keep in mind, that we are not trying to re-group what could not fit any given category? I do not know what is Social Babels for instance ? And I do not know why Analysing Social Forum is put there with Social Territory and not Linguistic Diversity which is part of the definition of it.

I do not know neither why there is Linguistic Diversity seperate fro political issue. It is a political issue. And there is probably a little mistake concerning babels-tech, volunteers of Babels to manage our tool: website, forum, lists and so on, and let say ALIS, volunteers to manage and organize the interpreting equipment.

I would much better I guess try to regroup from the proposals directly and keep their words as a regrouping title or key. For instance I am not convince that SitPreps and Selection are separate issues. But why not if all promoters are willing to keep it separate. Better then to ask the people who are thinking about the activity

a) to merge with another one which is really a different sensibily of the same issue or related issue

b) to define with different activities which are linked, a thematic field or group or area.

What do you think?

bettina
.
.
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:51 am
Location: Porto Alegre

Postby bettina » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:29 pm

I agree with all activities can be grouped, and in fact, must be grouped. However, in order to this, we must set a final date for proposal of activities so we can then do this job. I propose to give it one week more, so we can start working on this.

Maria Brander
.
.
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:08 pm

Postby Maria Brander » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:45 pm

OK, I see what you mean, Ljsover. It was just a first draft, and this is why we must all do it together. Training and selection are not the same thing from my viewpoint (they are different activities, although linked in a way, of course), and I see why you find it difficult to draw the line between some social and political activities which can also be considered as linguistically diverse (they all are!).

The problem about regrouping is that there will always be someone who is in between groups, or an activity that can belong in more than one classification. We can try to make the groups as wide-ranging as possible, but we will always have to compromise a little bit in the end.

I have tried to add your suggestions. Please let me know what else we can change. And also please feel free to take this list and turn it around if you must. In any case, I believe regrouping should not mean "fusing" unless two proposed activities are exactly the same. Eg. recording material in Athens has nothing to do with selection and will probably constitute a separate activity, but it can "sit" in the same place in the web to make it easier for us to see what all the activities are about (especially if we want to go to more than one!!).

Bear in mind that any classification or regrouping will always be artificial (this always happens in the humanities; interdisciplinarity and all that crap... ;-). Anyway, it's just a draft and here it is, just so that you guys can change it:

Training and Selection (recording, sitpreps and selection)

Political Issues (autonomy, memory, linguistic diversity, analysing the Forum)

Social Babels (Social Territory, etc.?)

New Technologies (wiki, booths)

Any others you can think of?

I think it's a great idea to wait for a week or so to see if any new projects come up before trying to merge anything. I'm probably forgetting a few already!

Ivonne
.
.
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:40 am
Location: Uruguay
Contact:

traducción por favor

Postby Ivonne » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:56 am

no entiendo inglés alguien puede resumir las ideas al español o francés por favor, de esta discusión quiero participar, pero no sé que es lo que están diciendo!
Gracias
Ivonne

Maria Fernanda
.
.
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:09 pm
Contact:

Organización de temas

Postby Maria Fernanda » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:17 am

Bueno muy interesantes todos los aportes pero debemos seguir organizandonos.
Lo primero para no perder el hilo es, por lo menos en este tema, siempre identificar el tema/subject con el título inicial que fue: organización de temas de lo contrario nos perderemos.
Tengo varias ideas que expongo a manera de sugerencia y contribución en pro de un entendimeinto mejor:

Mi colega y yo sacamos 10 temas que pueden servir de marco de referencia con base en el numero de visitas nada más:
1. Capacitación (professinals vs. non professionals)
2. Seleccion (criterios de selección de interpretes)
3. Diversidad linguistica (inclusión de lenguas no coloniales)
4. Base de datos (la existente cambiarla por una más agil)
5. WiKi (aprender a usar la herramienta)
6. Equipos de interpretación (los dispositivos físicos para poder realizar nuestro arte)
7. Administracion (temas relacionados, billetes, alojamientos, logistica en París)
8. Carta de Babels
9. Social Terrotory
10. Memorias de los FS

Habiendo decidido sobre los temas pienso que como propuso alguno de nosostros debe haber un límite para propuestas y para ubicarse en los grupos y COMENZAR A TRABAJAR. Estamos a escasos 3 meses del encuentro en Paris y aún estamos dando vueltas en temas.

Ahora, los temas deben decribir el alcance, de lo contraio se tornarán en discusiones bastante extensas y desenfocadas sin producir muchos resultados.

Alguien ha pensado en la Agenda a seguir? esto es especialmente improtante pues aquellos de nosostros interesados en participar en más de 1 (una) propuesta debemos organizarnos en torno a los días de exposición en Paris.

La agenda debe contemplar una sesión de conclusiones en los sub grupos para finalmente presentar ante la gran asamblea las concluisones y acciones a seguir. Obvio cada sub grupo escogerá a su vocero/relator (que tendrá voz representada aunque no hable el idioma de la sala - habrá interpretacioón simultánea).

¿ Habrá sesión final CRONOMETRADA por tema para presentar conclusiones de las deliberaciones de los grupos, verdad?

y todo esto para que las lecciones aprendidas de las deliberaciones de gente comprometida se vean reflejadas en el siguiente Foro Social, cualquiera que este sea!
Son solo ideas con miras a que tengan acogida y poder empezar a deliberar esperando aportar un granito para hacer de este un mundo mejor!

Maria Fernanda

Clara de Borrero
.
.
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:32 am
Location: Bogota, Colombia

Organizacion de temas

Postby Clara de Borrero » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:07 pm

I shall attempt to make a brief summary in English for Ivonne's benefit:
Maria Fernanda's idea (as I understand it) is that many of the proposals so far deal in one way or another with the same subject. We are 3 months away from the International Meeting and it is time to group the different proposals into specific subjects so that all of those who are interested can start working and arrive in Paris already with some work done. She also requests that we create an agenda so that those of us who are interested in more than one subject can arrange our time around a proposed agenda. She also reminds us that on the last day of the meeting we should remember to leave time aside for conclusions and for a spokesperson from each group to present the findings of the different subjects to all those present.
Maria Fernanda, I agree with your stance; time is of the essence now.
Moderator:
-what is the deadline for submitting new topics?
-who will regroup the subjects?
-when do we know if we are selected to participate?
-if we are not selected to participate, can we still give input to the subjects of our interest?
Can we continue the discussions related to this topic in English? It seems as though more people benefit from it.
Clara de Borrero
Colombia (SP/EN/PT)
claraborrero@usa.net

mnario
.
.
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:18 pm

Postby mnario » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:06 am

EN > PT

Clara, I understand that Ivonne wanted a summary in Spanish or French, exactly because she couldn't interact in English. I suggest that messages are posted in two languages, otherwise a great deal of members would fail to participate.

Clara, entendo que Ivonne queria um resumo em espanhol ou em francês, exatamente porque não conseguia interagir em inglês. Sugiro que as mensagens sejam enviadas em duas línguas, caso contrário vários membros vão deixar de participar.

Marcelo Neves, Brasil

Silvia Leta
.
.
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:40 pm
Location: Uruguay
Contact:

regrouping

Postby Silvia Leta » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:21 am

Laurent,

I agree with you. Before making any decisions about merging or regrouping, we should ask those proposing activities. All of us are involved in some kind of research or other according to our proposal already, so a dramatic change could spoil our work.

Silvia Leta

Clara de Borrero
.
.
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:32 am
Location: Bogota, Colombia

Organizacion de temas

Postby Clara de Borrero » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:05 pm

Marcelo e Ivonne:
Mil disculpas por el error. Marcelo tiene toda la razón.
Clara

Silvia Leta
.
.
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:40 pm
Location: Uruguay
Contact:

Selección de voluntarios

Postby Silvia Leta » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:29 pm

María Brander,

Me gustaría aclarar que nuestra propuesta va más allá de la parte técnica que implica la selección de los voluntarios. Tenemos una visión más amplia. Al hablar de "transparencia" estamos diciendo que la selección debe ser transparente y la comunicación con los voluntarios durante el proceso debe ser fluida. Para que se comparta la información en forma regular, Babels debe estar bien organizada a nivel local. Por lo tanto nuestra actividad no puede estar limitada a trazar lineamientos sobre cómo mejorar la selección o la calidad de los seleccionados. Estamos planteando cambiar lo que haga falta a nivel organizativo en el más amplio sentido. Me uno a María Fernanda en lo que se refiere a redefinir la palabra voluntario, del modo en que se está usando entre nosotros. Sugiero ser amplios en esto también y reflexionar sobre todos los actores. Voluntarios, y por ende pasibles de ser seleccionados son los intérpretes, los traductores, los coordinadores y todos los que estén involucrados en la colaboración con los foros.
Propongo entonces no limitar nuestra actividad a "Selección de voluntarios". Si tuviera que agrupar en un sólo título lo que pretendemos abarcar lo haría bajo : TRANSPARENCIA, ORGANIZACIÓN Y COORDINACION. En eso estamos trabajando todos los que adherimos a la actividad "La transparencia del proceso de selección de los voluntarios para los foros sociales".

Maria Brander
.
.
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:08 pm

lista

Postby Maria Brander » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:10 pm

Me parece muy bien, silvia.
Como he dicho ya varias veces, sólo era una propuesta de la que partir.
Entonces, Silvia, ¿cómo queda tu lista de temas?
Todavía hay tiempo para seguir cambiándola. Si no recuerdo mal, vamos a esperar unos días hasta hacer nada, para ver si se añaden más propuestas, creo?
Gracias,
María.


Return to “Babels Intl Meeting - 3 > 5 June/Juin/Junio 2006”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests