We've got less than a month and the things are not so clear.

Caracas, Venezuela : enero 24-29, 2006

Moderator: caracas06

João Silva Brandão Júnior

We've got less than a month and the things are not so clear.

Postby João Silva Brandão Júnior » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:08 pm

Dear friends,
I've participated of the WSF since the first one and I really don't know exactly nothing about Caracas 2006 yet, but one thing we should be aware: There are some people who need to get their yellow fever vaccine card which can be made wherever you live and it is totally for free otherwise you cannot travel to your destination. This certificate are required in some country and you must have added on it some special VISA. To the Brazilian people and the rest of the countries involved in the MERCOSUL's area it's not necessary, but to the other nationalities is a kind of thing which has to be provided imeditely so that people can travel with no problem to Caracas.
We've shared some informations about it here in Brazil through the mail-list and even people who are use to travel on abroad become surprised once our country also is a tropical one .
I really hope we can see each other in Caracas and I wish you the most unforgetable WSF you've ever had.
Happy New Year!!!

amany

Postby amany » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:22 pm

Hi friends,

first of all, we can not blame our friends of the secretariat for that delay. Sure it's out of their hands. But I do agree with Joao totally that we are in a critical situation here.

As it is a requirement for visas in some countries to have the Y fever vaccine, there are other things that take time in other countries. For example, here in Egypt we need to show the embassy of Venezuela a proof of financial capabilities. you have to show them your bank credit records recently and any other registered contracts you have and says that you own apartment or car. You have also to get a formal letter from your work and believe that would take a month if you are lucky and have an open minded boss.

Anyways, we can't put more burdens on the shoulders of these sweet guys.. they are doing their best as usual of course.

happy new year

João Silva Brandão Júnior

Still about VISAS and Y fever Certificate.

Postby João Silva Brandão Júnior » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:02 am

Dear friends:
Last week I received a very important information through the Ambassade of Venezuela from here in our country and I think you also can check it in your own country and see if it is really avaiable there. The people who are going to the WSF in order to work as a volunteer have the right to receive a letter from the Ambassade of Venezuela in their country clearing their reason of traveling as well as their VISAS for free.
I think is the time to ask if is possible someone from the BABELS'organization send a letter or an e-mail to these Ambassades around the world explaining the real importance and the meaning of these VISAS as well as the main reason of this FORUM and our role on it.This is the kind of thing that is not so impossible to do and, I know it requests time and some diponibility but I think we have not too much time to do that.
If another world is really possible It should start with our own attempts, don't you think so?...

fruitbat

yellow fever and other vaccinations

Postby fruitbat » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:20 am

information about yellowfever vaccination requirements can be found here.

yellow fever countries list: http://www2.ncid.cdc.gov/travel/yb/util ... tion=YBAll

venezuela health and vaccinations information:
http://www.cdc.gov/travel/tropsam.htm

FS

vaccina. par la fièvre jaune/yellowfever vaccina. (fr, en)

Postby FS » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:12 pm

(fr) Je ne comprends pas ce que signifient pratiquement les lignes ajoutées par João Silva Brandão Júnior à sa citation de fruitbat. Je ne comprends pas davantage en quoi la question d'une obligation de vaccination par la fièvre jaune importerait pour se rendre à Caracas. A l'adresse "http://www2.ncid.cdc.gov/travel/yb/utils/ybGet.asp?section=YBAll", je n'ai pas trouvé d'exigence semblable pour le Vénézuéla. Je n'ai pas pu consulter l'autre page indiquée(http://www.cdc.gov/travel/tropsam.htm), parce que mon ordinateur s'est bloqué quand je lui ai demandé de m'y mener, mais une contradiction entre les deux sources serait très étonnante.

Pensais-tu à un voyage à Bamako, bien que celq n'apparaisse pas dans le texte de ton message ? La vaccination par la fièvre jaune est en effet requise pour entrer au Mali. J'ai interrogé à ce sujet le Consulat général du Mali à Paris. On m'a répondu que la vaccination était nécessaire pour pénétrer dans le pays, mais non pour obtenir le visa, et qu'une personne munie d'un certificat médical de contre-indication ne serait pas inquiétée. Cela demande à être vérifié, parce que l'on m'a dit cela par téléphone.

Je sais en revanche avec certitude que les vaccinations en général et celle par la fièvre jaune en particulier sont extrêmement dangereuses, beaucoup plus que les maladies contre lesquelles on prétend protéger en y ayant recours, notamment parce qu'elles sont toujours susceptibles de provoquer de graves accidents imprévisibles.

(en) I do not understand what practically mean the few lines João Silva Brandão Júnior addes to his quotation from fruitbat . I do not understand any more how the problems about "yellowfever vaccination requirements" matter for going to Caracas. At "http://www2.ncid.cdc.gov/travel/yb/utils/ybGet.asp?section=YBAll" I found that there is no such requirement for Venezuela. I could not get to the other given page (http://www.cdc.gov/travel/tropsam.htm) : my computer refused to work when I asked him to bring me there, but contadiction between these two sources would be astonishing.

Were you thinking about going to Bamako, though this does not appear in your post ? To go there yellowfever vaccination is required. I asked about that at the General Consulate of Mali in Paris. I was told it is required for entering the country, not for getting the visa, and that people bearing [...] [Truncated : I am required to leave the computer!]
[/i]

fruitbat

yellow fever requirements

Postby fruitbat » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:48 am

EN (ES abajo)

yellow fever requirements may apply if you want to return from venezuela (a country with a yellow fever warning) to a country that has a vaccination requirement for people arriving from an endemic area.

this does not affect you if you will be travelling from venezuela to a country that has no requirement. (e.g. europe)

but it may apply if you are travelling from caracas to a country that has a requirement (e.g. brazil)

that is why i posted the list.
i hope that answers your questions. :o)

ES

el certificado de vaccinacion es necesario si quieres volver de venezuela a un pais que tiene requisitos de vaccinacion para gente que lluegen de una zona endemica.

entonces no te afecta si vas de caracas a un pais que no tiene requisitos. (p.e. europe)

pero si ti afecta si quieres volver/viajar a un pais que requiere certificado si vienes de una zona endemica (p.e. brazil)

por eso he pueto la lista.
espero qe eso conteste tus preguntas. :o)

FS

yellow fever requirements

Postby FS » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:36 pm

(en) Thanks! Now I understand better the meaning of your post. I hope my question and your answer will help other friends to understand better, if they needed so, as I did.
João Silva Brandão Júnior's commentary is still partly mysterious for me, but it is perhaps not necessary that I understand perfectly, if our Brazilian friends (and others who would need it as well) do understand.

I feel important to write once more what I wrote yesterday only in French : vaccinations are much more dangerous than the most dangerous illnesses . I got testimonies on many terrible consequences of vaccinations amongst friends of mine and other people I met. I could send bibliographical references on this matter (at least in French, in English and in German) to those who would be interested.

(es) !Gracias! Ahora entiendo mejor la significaci'on de tu lista. Quiz'as mi pregunta y tu respuesta ayudaron a otros amigos, si ellos también necesitaban la misma explicaci'on.
El comentario de João Silva Brandão Júnior todav'ia es parcialmente misterioso para m'i, pero no soy seguro que sea necesario que yo entienda perfectamente, si todo es claro para nuestros amigos brasileños (y otros que lo necesitar'ian también).

Me parece importante escribir una vez m'as lo que ayer escrib'i s'olo en francés : las vaccinaciones son mucho m'as peligrosas que las m'as peligrosas enfermedades. Recib'i atestaciones sobre muchas consecuencias terribles de vaccinaciones en el c'irculo de mis amigos y otra gente encontrada. Yo podr'ia comunicar referencias bibliogr'aficas en este témate (por lo menos en francés, en inglés y en alem'an) a los interesados.

(fr) Merci! Maintenant je comprends mieux le sens de ton message. Peut-être ma question et ta réponse auront-elles été utiles à d'autres amis qui auraient eu besoin des mêmes éclaircissements.
Le commentaire de João Silva Brandão Júnior demeure pour moi un peu mystérieux, mais il n'est peut-être pas nécessaire que je comprenne parfaitement, si tout est clair pour nos amis Brésiliens (et ceux qui en auraient le même besoin).

Il me paraît important d'écrire à nouveau ce que je n'ai écrit hier qu'en français : les vaccinations sont beaucoup plus dangereuses que les plus dangereuses maladies. J'ai reçu le témoignage de nombreuses conséquences terribles de vaccinations de la part d'amis et d'autres personnes que j'ai rencontrées. Je pourrais communiquer des indications bibliographiques à ce sujet (au moins en français, en anglais et en allemand) à ceux que cela intéresserait.

Richmond

Is venezuela embassy in ghana

Postby Richmond » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:27 pm

i want to know if the embassy or consulate is in Ghana and has the ambassador to my country recieved the letter to assist me in acquiring the Visa to the forum

Return to “FSM - Caracas 2006”