IMPORTANTE: FECHAS // DATES

Postby fruitbat » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:16 am

===============================================
ES (EN below)

He recibido la siguente informacion sobre las fechas de viaje:

"Las fechas de embarque seran las que consiga la
agencia en Caracas.

El plan es llegada a Caracas el 22 y partida el 30.

La agencia va intentar eso, pero no podemos informar con seguridad ahorita."

EN

I have received the following information about travel dates:

"The dates for travel will be what the travel agents in Caracas is able to find.

The plan is arrival in Caracas on the 22 and leaving on the 30.

The agency will try to get these dates, but we can't be absolutely sure yet."

Michael B

Arrival in Caracas

Postby Michael B » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:54 pm

We are expected to arrive in Caracas on the 22nd of January. Today, we are already the 16th and still have no sign from the travel agency. How will we receive our air-plane ticket ? Per Internet or by mail ? I'm afraid that if it is sent per mail, it will reach us long after the beginning of the Forum.

What will happen to the Forum if most interpreters cannot take the plane because they haven't received their ticket in time ?

Now that we have taken all steps on our side (vaccination, passports, etc.), it would be a real pitty not being able to work at the Forum because of a missing ticket !

Best regards,

Michael Bihay

Ramsey

tickets

Postby Ramsey » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:19 pm

Michael, relax!!

I know it is crazy, but I was in exactly the same situation for wsf05. If your name is on the list of those selected it should mean that you are going. You will probably be notified by e-mail or even by 'phone of your departure date and time and you will pick up your ticket at the airport.

See you in caracas. Bon Voyage!!

Ramsey

Jtordera

accomodation.

Postby Jtordera » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:18 pm

hi!
Well, we'll wait for the ticket. Improvised things usually work well... what about a place to sleep though?

Ramsey

Place to sleep

Postby Ramsey » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:34 pm

I would not be surprised if we did not find out accommodation details until after we arrive in Caracas. That is how it was in Porto Alegre and Barcelona. On each occasion, the accommodation was excellent.

I know it is crazy but that is how it is (or has been so far). All you can do at this stage is be ready for a crazy adventure (guaranteed), and concentrate on the immediate priorities:
vaccination and visa if you need any
finding out departure flight details (I still have not received any, but it is a little bit too soon to know that yet!)
finding out what we do at Caracas airport ( will we be met - or are we making our own way and to where and how) I still don't know (probably won't know for a few days yet)

Enjoy the excitement and suspense but DON'T WORRY. You will need all your mental energy in Caracas

Bon voyage!!

FS

Postby FS » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:50 pm

Excusez-moi : les incertitudes sur le voyage me font perdre tant de temps que je n'ai pas celui de traduire maintenant pour ceux qui ne lisent pas le français, ni de relire.
Je suis estomaqué en lisant le message de fruitbat du 14 disant: " He recibido la siguente informacion sobre las fechas de viaje:

"Las fechas de embarque seran las que consiga la
agencia en Caracas.

El plan es llegada a Caracas el 22 y partida el 30", alors qu'après avoir supplié avec grande insistance qu'on me donnât une indication sur la date à laquelle je devrai être prêt à partir pour Caracas, indication qui m'était (et qui m'est encore!) absolument nécessaire parce qu'on a entretemps besoin de moi à Bamako et qu'il est impossible aux non-milliardaires d'acheter un billet d'avion sans connaître la date du retour, j'ai enfin obtenu hier 15 janvier un message de "Babels Caracas" selon lequel : "La date demandée à Caracas pour le depart des volontaires vers le Forum est le 23 janvier, le forum commençant le 24." J'étais en conséquence en train d'acheter mon billet pour Bamako quand j'ai lu un message envoyé
hier, lui aussi, "por parte de la coordinacion de Babels Caracas 2006" et me demandant de confirmer que j'étais disponible du 22 au 3O janvier.
Je ne m'affole pas ("DON'T WORRY", nous recommande judicieusement Ramsey), je trouve qu'un certain désordre est agréable, mais je regrette amèrement qu'en l'occurrence cela m'oblige à manquer à ma parole donnée, et que ce désordre semble augmenter la rigidité au lieu de permettre d'improviser en fonction des besoins effectifs.

N'accablons pas nos amis coordinateurs qui ont eux-mêmes des interlocuteurs versatiles, mais réfléchissons sérieusement à ce qu'il faudrait faire pour que cela allât mieux une autre fois.

Tout de même, si une personne responsable lisait à temps ce message, j'aimerais bien savoir dans les toutes prochaines heures à quel moment au plus tard je devrai être prêt à m'envoler de Paris.

Jtordera

vaccination

Postby Jtordera » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:30 pm

I was told we don't need the yellow fever one unless we go to the borders, jungle, etc. Is that right? Thanks for your help (whoever replies)

Andrea V

Re: vaccination

Postby Andrea V » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:52 am

Jtordera wrote:I was told we don't need the yellow fever one unless we go to the borders, jungle, etc. Is that right? Thanks for your help (whoever replies)

Hi Jtordera, I confirm yellow fever vaccination is not compulsory for the whole of Venezuela, unless you travel from and to a endemic country. Especially the zone of Caracas, which is more or less 1000 m high, is non-endemic and mosquitos should not bother us a lot. Yet, we should still be careful and avoid being stung! This vaccination and others too (rabbies, etc) is highly recommended if you intend to go on an adventurous trip, i.e to the jungle. I do not think we will have time for this, unfortunately, will we?

Personnally, I didn't have any vaccinations done, for a simple reason: I was not going to have anything done until the trip was fully confirmed and now that it is almost confirmed it has become useless anyway, as it should be done at least ten days in advance. Some vaccinations should even be done almost one month earlier anyway! This is the consequence of things going very slowly, although we do understand that preparing such an event is not easy especially as the organizers have their own job to do at the same time.

Let us not worry too much, things should turn out OK in the end. Image

PS: FS, je profite de l'occasion pour te passer le bonjour et te souhaiter une bonne année, il y a longtemps qu'on ne s'est reparlé! Te souviens-tu de moi? Nous avons travaillé ensemble à Bruxelles... J'espère que tu vas bien et que tu vas réussir à te sortir de cet imbroglio ou à défaut, réussir à te dédoubler! Image

A late "happy new year" to everyone, by the way! ;-)))) Image

Michael B

Postby Michael B » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:31 pm

Jtordera wrote:I was told we don't need the yellow fever one unless we go to the borders, jungle, etc. Is that right? Thanks for your help (whoever replies)

Here in Belgium, I was told by the "Travel Clinic" in Brussels, that vaccination against yellow fever was mandatory for entering Venezuela. There was just no need to take medication against malaria if one doesn't enter the jungle.

Furthermore, vaccination ought to take place 10 days before departure ...

Michael Bihay

Andrea V

Postby Andrea V » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:05 pm

Michael B wrote:Here in Belgium, I was told by the "Travel Clinic" in Brussels, that vaccination against yellow fever was mandatory for entering Venezuela. There was just no need to take medication against malaria if one doesn't enter the jungle.

This sounds weird to me...Image I have asked around me about this (I also asked one of the Babels coordinators by e-mail) and was told the exact contrary: that it is not complusory, but strongly recommended. Furthermore I have a friend from Venezuela who lives in France and has got some family in her homeland: she's visited them many times and never had the yellow fever vaccination done (never caught y.f. either, but it probably depends on many features), which means it is obviously not a precondition in legal terms, unless things have changed very recently? Well, if it turns out to be compulsory now, I might be rejected at the airport then Image, as I didn't have it done for the reasons I explained above in my first message, and have no intention to do so four days before...

By the way, was everyone asked for his/her passport number yesterday, in order to make the flight bookings? I wonder how much of a warranty this is... Today is Tuesday, i.e five days before we are supposed to be flying to Caracas, and I (we?) still have no plane tickets, so far: is this normal? If it is, fine with me as long as things turn out fine, I just hope everything is going on as expected!

Good luck everyone! Image

Ramsey

Passport no.

Postby Ramsey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:05 am

Yes, I was also asked for my number yesterday

lorraine

Postby lorraine » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:11 am

POR FIN TENEMOS VUELOS !! (espero todos, a estas alturas)

Hay otros interpretes en el vuelo MADRID CARACAS de domingo 22 enero IB 6703 (salida 12.15) ? Estoy segura que si'
Tal vez podemos encontrarnos para conocernos un ratito ?

Llego al terminal 2 a las 10.20 - espero no sea tan largo pasar al terminal 1 para el volo intercontinental.....

Lorraine

Andrea V

Postby Andrea V » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:13 am

lorraine wrote:POR FIN TENEMOS VUELOS !! (espero todos, a estas alturas)

ES - Hola Lorraine, me alegro que por lo menos tu y quizas otros hayan recibido los billetes! Yo todavia no los tengo... Quizas para los que salen de Francia llegaran mas tarde. Una pregunta: eres de Madrid o vienes de otra ciudad? Si no eres de Madrid, te lo reservaron todo, o solo el avion desde Madrid, y cuando estes en Caracas te van a reembolsar el trasporte hacia Madrid? Quizas la pregunta es tonta, pero es que con el retraso que tenemos, empiezo a tener dudas sobre todos tipos de detalles... Solo para darme una idea de lo que podria ocurrir para nosotros en Francia!
Suerte!
Andrea

EN - Hi Lorraine, I'm glad to know at least you and maybe some others got their tickets! I still haven't got mine... Those travelling from France might get them a bit later. I have a question: do you actually live in Madrid or are you from another city? If you are not from Madrid, did they make a booking for your whole trip, or did they just book the flight from Madrid, and you will have your transportation to Madrid paid back once in Caracas? Maybe this is a stupid question, but I'm starting to wonder about all sorts of details now that time is running so short... Just to give me an idea of what might be expecting us in France!
Good luck!
Andrea

lorraine

Postby lorraine » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:40 pm

Hi Andrea
I'll be lazy and use English. I live near Milan in Italy and finally I found a mail sent at 2.40 this morning confirming an Iberia flight from Milan to Madrid and connecting flight to Caracas, all booked from Caracas.
I too was beginning to doubt. I had sent them a mail to remind them I needed Milan airport not Rome, just in case! It is nerve-racking, but I'm sure you'll get the info real soon.
If it's any consolation I was pleasantly surprised (hope it's pleasant) to hear accommodation for me is in the Arauco Hilton on Avenida Bolivar - it's so late I thought all latecomers would be in the afueras , so that's good news.

It can only get better now. Paris has direct flights to Caracas so probably you will have a different route - but who knows.

Hope to meet you in Caracas
Lorraine

tanyish

qué fuerte que todavía estemos en vilo....

Postby tanyish » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:24 pm

Hola Andrea, soy Tania. Generalmente tengo una paciencia infinita y sé muy bien lo difíciles que son estas situaciones porque yo misma he estado al otro lado pero... aunque la culpa no sea de nadie en particular, creo que me voy a poner malita de esperar confirmación de billete pués tengo mil lío pendientes de si voy o no (trabajo, asuntos personales...) y empiezo a estar un poco hasta el..... "moño". Muy fuerte

Dicho en palabras más simples: yo tampoco sé nada del dichoso billete y se supone que nos tenemos que ir YA. Que la force soit avec nous. Beijinhos

Return to “FSM - Caracas 2006”