Calling all Arabic Interpreters

Caracas, Venezuela : enero 24-29, 2006

Moderator: caracas06

Ramsey

Calling all Arabic Interpreters

Postby Ramsey » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:11 am

Could all AR<>EN interpreters selected for Caracas please respond to this message. Barcelona was really crazy as around half the AR interpreters could not get there due to visa problems especially because it was a schengen country, which meant that some of us who did make it had full days of solid interpreting to do, often solo.

I am hoping we could collaborate to ensure that we are all able to give the best possible service in Caracas.

By the way, it is a great pity that Amany's name does not appear on the published list of selected interpreters. I hope she can still make it.

amany

here i am

Postby amany » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:48 am

well Ramsey
i don't know what is going on but I have received an email a few days ago saying that there is no need for AR interpreters in Caracas. then suddenly I hear people talking about AR interpretation in the forum!!!!!!!!!

I can make it of course and I don't have a problem to get my visa and come to Caracas in time, but it looks like many people are involved and I don't know based on what I have received this mail. I was dreaming of participating in this forum as we did last summer in Barcelona but :
Ta'ty el Ryah bema la tashtahy el sofon

thanks Ramsey for trusting me I hoped to work with you

Ramsey

arabic interpreters

Postby Ramsey » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:08 pm

The only source of information I am relying on is the list of interpreters given on this forum. It is crazy that your name, Amany, is not there - 'MAG-MAG-MAGANEEN!!'

I suggest that you get your visa anyway and be ready to travel at short notice. For Brazil, I initially received an e-mail saying they were going to recruit as many interpreters as possible from Latin America and if I had not already been notified that I had been selected, then I would not be going. Then, on the Tuesday before the Sunday when all interpreters were supposed to arrive, I got a phone call from the wsf05 organisers to my mobile asking me if I could be in Porto Alegre on the Sunday!!!

So, you see, there is still hope (for me as well as for you) as I was also looking forward to working with you. Of course I trust you. You are excellent!!

Haz Sa'eed!!

Ramsey

Arabic Interpreters for Caracas

Postby Ramsey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:15 am

Hi Amany, just discovered that there are only two Arabic interpreters for Caracas so far, namely myself and Elyssa Skaff, which is not enough, so I have made an urgent request that you are also invited. I hope you dont' mind.

amany

Postby amany » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:38 pm

let's cross our fingers and wait. although I will have a very hard time trying to get the visa from the embassy over here.
thanks alot Ramsey.

Ramsey

VISA

Postby Ramsey » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:34 am

Hi Amany, May I suggest that you do not wait to hear from the organisers the confirmation that you have been selected and have had your ticket booked, before you apply for your visa. If there is no financial difficulty in getting the visa which should be free to Forum volunteers, I suggest you apply for it immediately. I 'phoned Caracas and spoke to someone responsible for organising interpreters so you should hear from them very soon. Hope to see you in Caracas.

amany

Postby amany » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:19 pm

Hi Ramsey
thanks alot for every thing. you are malak. el masreen gedaan gedan right.
I have made a primary reservation on the ALITALIA airlines but I don't have enough cash to pay for it. I can not go to the embassy without an invitation and a direct call to them from Caracas as I have tryied and they refused to discuss the idea without the invitation that states me as a volunteer or else I'd wait for more than a week to get the visa.
if they are going to call me they should do it.

amany

Postby amany » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:41 pm

Ramsey
please call me

this is my mobile phone number...call me urgently any time .
Last edited by amany on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramsey

Arabic interpreters

Postby Ramsey » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:54 pm

Amany, great to hear from you. I have made a note of your number and shall contact you soon. What is latest time at night (Egypt local time) that is convenient to contact you?

I suggest you delete your last message containing your mobile for the sake of your own privacy. I strongly suggest that you do not pay even one millime for any air travel unless clearly authorised by the Caracas 06 organising committee. It is better that they pay the airline diectly and make the reservation for you. Please be careful that you do not have any risk of spending money WHICH MIGHT NOT BE REFUNDED. As I always say, Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best, Tawakkal(i) 3ala Allah!

Ulisses

Re: Arabic interpreters

Postby Ulisses » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:11 am

Hi, Amany. I'm arriving in Ccas this afternoon. I don't know what I can do to help you, but I'll try to get some info. Pls, send an email at ulissesbertoldo@hotmail as soon as u can Also add me if you're currently using MSN

noha00

what is going on

Postby noha00 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:18 pm

hello everyone,
guess this is a late entry, but i would like to know if there is any updated regarding the AR interpreters!!
thx

amany

Postby amany » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:14 am

hi noha how are you dear
the situation as Ulisses and Ramsey told me is that only Ramsey and another lebaneese lady were contacted. looks like no need for Arabic over there.

Ramsey

Postby Ramsey » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:03 am

Hi Noha and Amany,

Returned yesterday from Caracas. The fact is that according to the programme there was indeed a significant need for Arabic interpreting - enough to keep me busy 9 hours a day most days!! In reality, I spent time going from one venue to the next, each time to find that there were no speakers!!! It was completely crazy!!

It is good that you did not waste time going. On the positive side, I hope to become involved in the planning / coordination of Athens ESF06 to try to ensure that the same situation does not happen again. Hope to see you there.

Ramsey

amany

Postby amany » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:22 pm

well Ramsey
hamdellah al salama
I highly recommend that you take the responsibility to be the coordinator for Athens 2006. we need one person to talk to us : Arabic interpreters especially that we have been told that there are no Arabic topics on the agenda in CCS06 while here you say that u were working 9 hours a day.
I really need to count on one person in getting my information.
I remeber with all respect what Cathy did in FSMed2005 that was one of my best dealings with babels.

so.......... It would be great if one coordinator be in charge of a group of us. geographically or on language combinations, it doesn't matter. just divide work and unify the release of information.

Return to “FSM - Caracas 2006”