Hope it won't occur the same problem with the ESF4 - Athens

Caracas, Venezuela : enero 24-29, 2006

Moderator: caracas06

Filipos2002

Hope it won't occur the same problem with the ESF4 - Athens

Postby Filipos2002 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:17 pm

I understand that the problem that occured was due to the irresponsability of certain people, and that the coordiantion team is not to be blamed, but I got pretty confused bracuse at the end of December I received a mail in which I was asked to confirm my availability and accomodation. Copule of days later I received another confirmation mail approving my presence and on January 7th I received another mail in which I was told that I am about to receive plane tickets and further instructions concerning the trip (visa etc...), I am aware about the problem, but I just hope that certain issues concerning the trip and participation in the ESF4 - Athens will be payed more attention to thus avoiding such inconveniences.

Regards, Filipos

tanyish

Re: Hope it won't occur the same problem with the ESF4 - At

Postby tanyish » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:14 pm

So di I, but I think we should start by knowing who is already taking care of everything for Athens... Does anyone know? Because I know what's going on in France (more or less) but I depend on the spanish organization and have no news....
Tania

magicat

Re: Hope it won't occur the same problem with the ESF4 - At

Postby magicat » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:56 pm

Sorry Filipos

But the problem comes from the indefinitions of the Venezuelan Govern, that is changing the rules and deals everyday. Apart, the coordination of Athens forum had other people working on it.
We're traying to do our best, but there are many dificulties we're trying to solve.

Maria Cristina Gatti
from Babels Office( The Sauna) from Caracas

Filipos2002 wrote:I understand that the problem that occured was due to the irresponsability of certain people, and that the coordiantion team is not to be blamed, but I got pretty confused bracuse at the end of December I received a mail in which I was asked to confirm my availability and accomodation. Copule of days later I received another confirmation mail approving my presence and on January 7th I received another mail in which I was told that I am about to receive plane tickets and further instructions concerning the trip (visa etc...), I am aware about the problem, but I just hope that certain issues concerning the trip and participation in the ESF4 - Athens will be payed more attention to thus avoiding such inconveniences.

Regards, Filipos

Emma

Athens forum

Postby Emma » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:00 am

Hi all,

Every forum is different and the people in babels dealing with the organisation are also different every time. Anybody is welcome. The political situation is different, the relationships with the organisers are different, etc.

Please do not let the Caracas situation take you down! ;-)

As far as I know, the ESF in Athens will take place May 4-May 7. The dates were changed recently. The pre-selection process has started for the FR and EN booths. People in Athens and elsewhere in Europe have already been working on this for a number of months. I know not a lot but a little because I was involved in helping to organise the ESF in London in 2004 and we are trying to learn from this forum and pass on our knowledge to Athens.

There should be more info somewhere here on this forum....!?? I'll try and find more.

xx emma

Emma

ESF Athens

Postby Emma » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:02 am

Return to “FSM - Caracas 2006”