Strategy

Caracas, Venezuela : enero 24-29, 2006

Moderator: caracas06

j.f.k.
.
.
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:00 am

Strategy

Postby j.f.k. » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:39 am

EN then FR

Hi,

As I understand the situation, we have a series of people in Caracas who are working like idiots to try to get more of us over. Though I really appreciate this and admire their determination, there will come a point when it will be time to call it a day and, from then on, they will be working for nothing, wasting their time and energy.

I think, therefore, that it would be useful to have a discussion on strategy:
- what exactely are we expecting from the discussions?
- what do we do if we get it? or a fraction of it? or nothing?
- when do we tell our friends on the spot to withdraw from the discussion?
- whatever else.

In my view, with the forum having started, we should aim at getting a cheque in the hands of a travel agency by Tuesday noon sharp Caracas time. Should this not happen, withdraw from discussions and strike wherever fit (I trust those on the spot to decide wisely). I wouldn't negociate on the amount of the check. Should the check only allow a few peple to fly over, so be it. I don't think we actually carry any weight that would allow us to pick and choose and it seems that appealing to their kindness doesn't work too well.

Also, please note, I do NOT want to start a debate regarding general policies as I REALLY don't think that we have time for that NOW. But next time, I believe it to be a necessity beforehand.

And also, all I'm doing is stating my personnal preference for the information of those on the spot. Let them make of it what they wish.

FR
En résumé (car j'ai faim), je pense qu'il serait utile de discuter de la stratégie que nous aimeraions que nous amis sur place suivent dans les discutions. D'après ce que j'ai compris, il se tuent à l'exercice de négociation et ça m'embêterait que ça dure plus longtemps que nécessaire.

Je propose donc de répondre aux points suivants:
- qu'attendons-nous exactement des négociations?
- qu'allons nous faire si nous l'obtenons? si nous en obtenons une fraction? Si nous n'obtenons rien?
- à partir de quel moment est-ce que nos amis se retirent des négociations?
- divers

Pour ma part, je viserais à obtenir un cheque chez l'agence de voyage d'ici mardi midi pile heure de Caracas. Si celui-ci ne devait pas arriver, je proposerai de se retirer des négociations et de faire grève là où bon semble au comité. Si le cheque ne permet que quelques billets, tant pis, c'est déjà ça. Je ne négocierais pas le montant du cheque. Nous ne sommes clairement pas dans une position ou nous avons un poids suffisant pour faire les difficiles.

Voilà. Merci de notre que je ne veux pas commencer un débat sur quelle politique générale suivre, il est bien trop tard pour cela. Je cherche juste à savoir ce que les gens pensent afin d'aider ceux sur place.

De même, je ne fais que mentionner mes préférences individuelles. Je pense que c'est à ceux sur place de décider.

Return to “FSM - Caracas 2006”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest