Getting a sense of community: launching Firenze 10+10

8-11 November, 2012
juliebcoord

Getting a sense of community: launching Firenze 10+10

Postby juliebcoord » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:08 am

This is a section of the forum where to discuss the Firenze 10+10 project (8th-11th November 2012). If you have any question or comment relating to interpreting in Florence, you can post it here.

Esta es la sección del foro en la que se puede hablar del proyecto Firenze 10+10 (8-11 noviembre 2012). Si tienes alguna pregunta / comentario sobre la interpretación en Florencia, aquí se pueden plantear.

Voici la section du forum où l'on peut échanger sur le project Firenze 10+10 (8-11 novembre 2012). Si tu as une question, un commentaire, tu peux en faire part ici.

giuliacoletti

Re: Getting a sense of community: launching Firenze 10+10

Postby giuliacoletti » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Thanks all for following this process here on the Forum:)
Grazie a tutte/i per seguire il processo preparatorio qui sul forum :)

Fiona_s

Postby Fiona_s » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:45 am

Hi everybody,

does anybody know when the selection process is going to begin? The forum is just one month away...

Cheers

Fiona

lorraine

Postby lorraine » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:24 pm

I was wondering the same: I need to make travel/free time plans if selected and to know I can accept other jobs if I am not selected.
Any news on progress, Giulia? The time is getting really close!
Lorraine

giuliacoletti

Postby giuliacoletti » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:10 am

Hi all! The call has finally been sent via email. Please fill in the form as soon as possible! :) Giulia

Slater-Augsburg

Postby Slater-Augsburg » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Exactly who will be arranging the assignments there, and can we be certain that they know what they are doing?

I (and probably others) have received calls in recent weeks via various sources, but have been reluctant to volunteer, because of previous bad experience
("Once burnt, twice shy"; "Das gebrannte Kind scheut das Feuer", etc.)

Tim S.
conf. int. De<>En

JB-Interpret

Postby JB-Interpret » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:09 am

Dear all,

Firenze 10+10 is fast approaching and things are starting to fall into place on the organisation side. The final selection will be confirmed soon and travel arrangements will then be finalised.

Travel tickets are to be prepaid, meaning that volunteer interpreters will not have to pay for their travel before arrival, as has happened at previous events. This means that there is more work from the coordinator's side before the event, but less afterwards since no reimbursements will have to be made by wire transfer.

Expect to hear from us over the weekend or the beginning of next week regarding the next step.

And if you can remember to write in two languages on the forum, all the better.

Joe - Babels coordinators
-----------------------
Ciao a tutti,

Firenze 10+10 si avvicina velocemente e per quanto riguarda l'organizzazione si sta avanzando. La scelta finale degli interpreti volontari si confirmarà presto dopodiché si procederà ad acquistare i bigletti di viaggio.

I biglietti saranno prepagati, cioè che gli interpreti volontari non dovranno sborsare per il viaggio prima di arrivare come in altri eventi anteriori. Questo vuol dire che il lavoro per i coordinatori è maggiore prima dell'evento, ma ci sarà meno da fare dopo, poiché non bisognerà fare trasferimenti bancari per i rimborsi.

Potrete aspettarvi altra informazione da parte nostra questo fine settimana o all'inizio della settimana prossima.

E come al solito, se potete ricordarvi di scrivere in due lingue sul forum, è meglio.

Joe - Coordinatori Babels

JB-Interpret

Postby JB-Interpret » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Dear Babelistas,

First of all, the Firenze 10+10 Babels team would like to apologize for not being in touch earlier. Some of you may have just subscribed whereas others responded to the first call weeks ago. Thank you so much for your offer to volunteer as an interpreter at Firenze 10+10 and for your patience. So far we have not been in touch because the Firenze 10+10 Babels team was drowned under work. Although it is still the case we do have some info to update you on the situation.

Selection: some of you have now been confirmed as volunteer interpreters for Firenze 10+10. Because the event is rather small in comparison with other forums (approximately 60 interpreters) and because of scarce resources, we have so far favoured professional and experienced interpreters with Italian and English in their language combination, as well as less experienced interpreters located close to Florence. Although we believe we have most of the team ready, there may be a last round of selection over the weekend now that we have the final programme of the event online.

Transport: the organizers of Firenze 10+10 have secured a budget for Babels and have agreed to prepay the main transport arrangements for interpreters so that only transport to and from the airport and other local transport will have to be reimbursed on the premises. Although this is a great achievement for Babels, it also means that booking tickets is centralized in Florence and this was slow to start. On a positive note now, most of the tickets are being booked and we are crossing our fingers that the fares have not increased too much.

Programme: the programme is now online but is not fully finalized: http://www.firenze1010.eu/program1

Booth planning: we are rounding up selection today as we may have underestimated the number of interpreters needed in one booth or another. Then we’ll start booth planning. We will soon send an online form for the organizers to inform us of the speakers, topic of discussion and groups and names behind their activity, so that Babels interpreters can access it. Believe us in that we are doing our best to get your planning and the related info in time. However, we know from past experience that it is very difficult to have this the day before the event! We hope you will understand, be flexible and enjoy the experience!

Have a nice day,
The Firenze 10+10 Babels Team.

Return to “Firenze 10+10 (2012)”