Programme for the meeting: stage 2

EN Project of International Meeting of Babels and Networks for Alternative Translation and Communication Systems. ES Proyecto de Reunión Internacional sobre Babels y Redes de Equipos de Traducción Alternativa. FR Projet de rencontres internationales des réseaux Babels et d’équipement de traduction alternatif.

Moderator: Babels June 2006

yan
.
.
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:35 pm

temporary 'freezing' of forum: UPDATE please react!

Postby yan » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:34 pm

EN / ES / FR

In order for the program workgroup to have a better idea of all the proposals that have been put on the discussion forum, we will temporarily "freeze" the forum. This means that for a few days, nobody will be able to add anything to this forum.
This is the first stage before proposing to you a global synthesis of the various topics proposed. We will then propose that current proposals be rearranged, taking into account topics, and Meeting logistical issues.
Thank you for your patience.

Update 24 March: the forum will be unfrozen on Monday 27 after activities are merged.

Yan, Bettina, Jeanne
program and participant facilitators

ES

Para que el grupo programa pueda tener una mejor idea de las propuestas que se han sido sumando a este foro de discusion, vamos a "congelar", de manera temporaria, este foro. Esto significa que durante unos dias, nadie podra anadir cualquier cosa a este foro.
Esta es la primera etapa antes de poder proponerles una sintesis global de los varios temas que han sido propuestos. Luego les propondremos reorganizar las propuestas actuales, tomando en cuenta los temas, asi como asuntos logisticos del Encuentro.
Gracias por su paciencia.

Últimas noticias, 24 de marzo: el foro será de nuevo accesible lunes 27 de marzo, una vez las actividades agrupadas.

Yan, Bettina, Jeanne
facilitador@s para el programa y los participantes

FR

Pour que le groupe programme puisse avoir une meilleure idée des propositions qui ont été ajoutées à ce forum de discussion, nous allons momentanément "geler" ce forum. Cela signifie que pendant quelques jours, personne ne pourra ajouter quoi que ce soit à ce forum.
C'est la première étape avant de pouvoir vous proposer une synthèse globale des propositions faites jusqu'à maintenant. Après, nous vous proposerons une réorganisation des propositions actuelles, qui prendra en compte les sujets, ainsi que la logistique des Rencontres.
Merci pour votre patience.

Dernières infos 24 mars: le forum sera de nouveau accessible lundi 27 mars après le regroupement d'activités.

Yan, Bettina, Jeanne
facilitateurs/rices pour le programme et les participants
Last edited by yan on Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

yan
.
.
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:35 pm

Programme for the meeting: stage 2

Postby yan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:16 pm

EN (below)
FR (ci-dessous)
ES (abajo)


Programme for Babels International Meeting: stage 2

PRELIMINARY REMARKS

When it was proposed, the aim of the International Meeting was to discuss among Babels members and other actors involved in the Social Fora as to Babels' role and contribution in the WSF process, as well as to how to improve our contribution to this process.

Initial proposal for the meeting:
http://www.babels.org/a314.html (en)
http://www.babels.org/a315.html (fr)
http://www.babels.org/a316.html (es)

This proposal was publicized in Babels' forum for discussion, and several activities were proposed. The first deadline to propose activities was March 1st.

Since then, several discussions have taken place and it is time that we attempt a first grouping of activity proposals or, in certain cases, to divide certain activities into separate activities.

We have finished stage 1 of the program process as outlined in the initial proposal:
http://www.babels.org/a317.html (en)
http://www.babels.org/a318.html (fr)
http://www.babels.org/a319.html (es)

Now, we must go through stage 2. This involves networking and an initial regrouping of activities.

We have to do this for several reasons:
-logistic constraints, such as funds, location for the venue, and time: there is not enough money/time/space for an unlimited number of activities to take place in June.
-we should try to produce meaningful outcomes, not just give the opportunity for a small group of people to talk about their pet project without actually talking with other people.
-we should aim at providing maximum coherence to these activities, all the while promoting cross-fertilization between activities.

WHAT'S NEXT?

We urge the promoters of activities to start to talk with their new co-promoters. As of now, our aim is to start sharing experiences, proposals, etc. in order to draft preliminary working documents by May 1st. After the 'brainstorming' stage, we must start to propose coherent discussions and proposals.

Participants in these discussions are urged to contribute to this effort by using the wiki, the chat, the forum... whichever tool necessary to come up with a set of documents which will be useful for all the *other* participants of the International Meeting. A more detailed document which will help you use these tools properly will be published soon.

It is essential that clear documentation be drafted in the next 6 weeks by these groups. This will determine the way the Program workgroup will be able to actually organize the physical meeting in June in Paris so that participants can go to *other* workshops than those they worked on until then. Let us not forget that it is essential that what each activity does is explained clearly to the others, as it will determine our work in the months/years to come.

GROUPING ACTIVITIES: PROPOSAL

The programme workgroup proposes that the following activity proposals be grouped together. For the sake of clarity, we are reproducing the titles and links of the original proposals.

Note: some initial activities appear several times in the following list. This means that we suggest that they 'divide' themselves into several activities because their initial proposal is too broad or concerns several activities.

Activity 1 – Charter, autonomy, social territory...
Includes:
-functional organization that is non-hierarchical [mateo]
viewtopic.php?t=700
-Activity-EN/FR-Self-managing teams/Equipes auto-gérées [judith hitchman]
viewtopic.php?t=646
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Babels'Charter/Carta de Babels/Charte [bettina]
viewtopic.php?t=648
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Social Territory/Territorio Social [ljesover]
viewtopic.php?t=645
-Carta de Principios: Autonomía y Autonomía financiera [ivonne]
viewtopic.php?t=675

Activity 2 – How to mobilize and to establish networks
Includes:
-Babels Enlargement in the Balkans and in the Eastern Europe [AnLa]
viewtopic.php?t=686
-Sub-Activity-EN/FR-Creating new networks-TRAINING [David Leye]
viewtopic.php?t=651
-Activity-EN/FR/ES-Creating new networks of volunteers [David Leye]
viewtopic.php?t=649
-Sub-Activity-EN/FR-Creating new networks-SHARING [David Leye]
viewtopic.php?t=652
-Proposed activity – Translation and International Labor Comm [prophet]
viewtopic.php?t=664
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Social Territory/Territorio Social [ljesover]
viewtopic.php?t=645

Activity 3 – Training and selection
Includes:
-Projet d'activité sit-prep/Proyecto de actividad sit-prep [Jesús]
viewtopic.php?t=671
-Modelo de preparación de intérpretes no experimentados [miguelsojo]
viewtopic.php?t=671
-Professionals vs non-professionals [jfk1]
viewtopic.php?t=466
-Optimización de selección/nueva base de datos [miguelsojo]
viewtopic.php?t=666
-Transparency in the process of selection of volunteers [Silvia Leta]
viewtopic.php?t=653

Activity 4 – Written translations and lexicons

Activity 5 – Diversity of languages and experiences
Includes:
-projet sur la diversité linguistique [monica]
viewtopic.php?t=662
-Diversidad Lingüística y Políticas de Inclusión ES/EN/FR/PT [ivonne]
viewtopic.php?t=658
-Valorisation de l'expérience [steph]
viewtopic.php?t=661
-Sub-Activity-EN/FR-Creating new networks-SHARING [David Leye]
viewtopic.php?t=652

Activity 6 – Alternative equipment
Includes:
-EQUIPOS DE INTERPRETACIÓN / INTERPRETATION EQUIPMENT [cruzma]
viewtopic.php?t=672
-Activity proposal - Recording a Social Forum [spyros]
viewtopic.php?t=679
-Activity proposal - Translation equipment [spyros]
viewtopic.php?t=680

Activity 7 – Electronic tools
Includes:
-Optimización de selección/nueva base de datos [miguelsojo]
viewtopic.php?t=666
-Electronic Tools / Alternative Interpretation Systems [yan]
viewtopic.php?t=669
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Social Territory/Territorio Social [ljesover]
viewtopic.php?t=645

Activity 8 – Analysis of social forums
Includes:
-memory of social forums [nico]
viewtopic.php?t=677
-thinking/analysing social forums (FR - EN to come) [nico]
viewtopic.php?t=676
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Social Territory/Territorio Social [ljesover]
viewtopic.php?t=645

NON-PROPOSALS

There are several proposals or 'discussion threads' which either do not correspond to what the meeting is about, or they are too vague, or they actually correspond to what the *whole* meeting is all about. People who participated in these threads are urged to try to merge with the proposals outlined above.

-Wiki training at June meeting ? [lorraine]
viewtopic.php?t=668
-Proposta: Babels Art / Proposal: Babels Art [mnario]
viewtopic.php?t=689
-Organización de temas [Maria Fernanda]
viewtopic.php?t=683
-MANUAL DE ORIENTACIÓN PARA PARTICIPACIÓN DE BABELS EN FSM [miguelsojo]
viewtopic.php?t=673
-Activity-EN-Solidarity Action [AlexeiDrozdov]
viewtopic.php?t=663


For the program workgroup
Jeanne, Bettina, Yan


=======


FR

Programme pour les Rencontres Internationales Babels: étape 2

REMARQUES PRELIMINAIRES

A l'origine, le but des Rencontres Internationales consistait à permettre à des membres Babels de discuter entre eux et avec d'autres acteurs des Forums sociaux sur le rôle et l'apport de Babels dans le processus du FSM, ainsi que de la manière d'améliorer notre contribution à ce processus.

La proposition initiale des rencontres:
http://www.babels.org/a314.html (en)
http://www.babels.org/a315.html (fr)
http://www.babels.org/a316.html (es)

Cette proposition a été rendue publique sur le forum de discussion Babels, et plusieurs activités ont été proposées. La première date limite pour proposer des activités était fixée au 1er mars.

Depuis, plusieurs discussions ont été lancées et le moment est venu de faire un premier regroupement de propositions d'activités ou, dans certain cas, de scinder certaines activités.

Nous avons terminé l'étape 1 du processus programme tel qu'il était détaillé dans la proposition initiale:
http://www.babels.org/a317.html (en)
http://www.babels.org/a318.html (fr)
http://www.babels.org/a319.html (es)

Maintenant, il nous faut passer à l'étape 2. Il s'agit maintenant de travailler en réseau et de regrouper les activités.

Il nous faut procéder ainsi pour plusieurs raisons:
-des contraintes logistiques, nos ressources, les lieux des rencontres, le temps: il n'y a pas assez de temps/d'argent/de lieux pour accueillir un nombre illimité d'activités en juin.
-il faut essayer de produire des résultats qui ont un sens, et pas juste donner l'occasion à un petit groupe de personnes de parler de leur projet dans leur coin: il s'agit de parler avec d'autres personnes.
-il nous faut tenter de donner la plus grande cohérence à ces activités, tout en favorisant les croisements entre activités.

QUELLE EST L'ETAPE SUIVANTE?

Nous encourageons vivement les promoteurs d'activités de commencer à parler avec leurs nouveaux co-promoteurs. Il s'agit maintenant de partager nos expériences, des propositions, etc. de manière à pouvoir présenter des documents préliminaires de travail d'ici le 1er mai. Après une étape de 'brainstorming', il faut essayer d'avoir des discussions et des propositions cohérentes.

Les participants à ces discussions sont encouragés à contribuer à cet effort de mise en commun en utilisant le wiki, le chat, le forum... tous les outils nécessaires pour produire une série de documents qui seront utiles aux *autres* participants des Rencontres Internationales. Un document plus détaillé qui vous aidera à utiliser correctement ces outils sera bientôt mis en ligne.

Il est essentiel pour ces groupes de rédiger une documentation claire dans les 6 prochaines semaines. Ceci déterminera la manière avec laquelle le groupe de travail Programme pourra effectivement organiser la réunion physique en juin à Paris, et permettra aux participants d'aller à *d'autres* ateliers que ceux sur lesquels ils ont travaillé. N'oublions pas qu'il est essentiel que chaque activité explique clairement aux autres ce qui a été fait, car cela jouera un rôle déterminant dans notre travail des mois/années à venir.

GROUPEMENT D'ACTIVITES: PROPOSITION

Le groupe de travail programme suggère que les propositions d'activités suivantes soient regroupées. Par souci de clarté, nous reproduisons les titres et liens des propositions d'origine.

Remarque: quelques activités initiales apparaissent plusieurs fois dans la liste suivante. Ceci signifie que l'on suggère qu'elles soient 'scindées' en plusieurs activités parce que la proposition initiale est trop large ou touche plusieurs activités.

Activité 1 – Charte, autonomie, territoire social...
Inclut:
-functional organization that is non-hierarchical [mateo]
viewtopic.php?t=700
-Activity-EN/FR-Self-managing teams/Equipes auto-gérées [judith hitchman]
viewtopic.php?t=646
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Babels'Charter/Carta de Babels/Charte [bettina]
viewtopic.php?t=648
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Social Territory/Territorio Social [ljesover]
viewtopic.php?t=645
-Carta de Principios: Autonomía y Autonomía financiera [ivonne]
viewtopic.php?t=675

Activité 2 – Comment mobiliser et établir des réseaux
Inclut:
-Babels Enlargement in the Balkans and in the Eastern Europe [AnLa]
viewtopic.php?t=686
-Sub-Activity-EN/FR-Creating new networks-TRAINING [David Leye]
viewtopic.php?t=651
-Activity-EN/FR/ES-Creating new networks of volunteers [David Leye]
viewtopic.php?t=649
-Sub-Activity-EN/FR-Creating new networks-SHARING [David Leye]
viewtopic.php?t=652
-Proposed activity – Translation and International Labor Comm [prophet]
viewtopic.php?t=664
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Social Territory/Territorio Social [ljesover]
viewtopic.php?t=645

Activité 3 – Entraînement et sélection
Inclut:
-Projet d'activité sit-prep/Proyecto de actividad sit-prep [Jesús]
viewtopic.php?t=671
-Modelo de preparación de intérpretes no experimentados [miguelsojo]
viewtopic.php?t=671
-Professionals vs non-professionals [jfk1]
viewtopic.php?t=466
-Optimización de selección/nueva base de datos [miguelsojo]
viewtopic.php?t=666
-Transparency in the process of selection of volunteers [Silvia Leta]
viewtopic.php?t=653

Activité 4 – Traduction écrite et lexiques

Activité 5 – Diversité linguistique et diversité des expériences
Inclut:
-projet sur la diversité linguistique [monica]
viewtopic.php?t=662
-Diversidad Lingüística y Políticas de Inclusión ES/EN/FR/PT [ivonne]
viewtopic.php?t=658
-Valorisation de l'expérience [steph]
viewtopic.php?t=661
-Sub-Activity-EN/FR-Creating new networks-SHARING [David Leye]
viewtopic.php?t=652

Activité 6 – Equipement alternatif
Inclut:
-EQUIPOS DE INTERPRETACIÓN / INTERPRETATION EQUIPMENT [cruzma]
viewtopic.php?t=672
-Activity proposal - Recording a Social Forum [spyros]
viewtopic.php?t=679
-Activity proposal - Translation equipment [spyros]
viewtopic.php?t=680

Activité 7 – Outils électroniques
Inclut:
-Optimización de selección/nueva base de datos [miguelsojo]
viewtopic.php?t=666
-Electronic Tools / Alternative Interpretation Systems [yan]
viewtopic.php?t=669
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Social Territory/Territorio Social [ljesover]
viewtopic.php?t=645

Activité 8 – Analyse des forums sociaux
Inclut:
-memory of social forums [nico]
viewtopic.php?t=677
-thinking/analysing social forums (FR - EN to come) [nico]
viewtopic.php?t=676
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Social Territory/Territorio Social [ljesover]
viewtopic.php?t=645

NON-PROPOSITIONS

Il y a plusieurs propositions ou 'fils de discussion' qui, soit ne correspondent pas à ce pourquoi nous organisons la réunion, soit sont trop vagues, soit correspondent à ce que *toute* la réunion se propose de faire. Les personnes qui ont participé à ces fils de discussion sont invitées à essayer de rejoindre les propositions détaillées ci-dessus.

-Wiki training at June meeting ? [lorraine]
viewtopic.php?t=668
-Proposta: Babels Art / Proposal: Babels Art [mnario]
viewtopic.php?t=689
-Organización de temas [Maria Fernanda]
viewtopic.php?t=683
-MANUAL DE ORIENTACIÓN PARA PARTICIPACIÓN DE BABELS EN FSM [miguelsojo]
viewtopic.php?t=673
-Activity-EN-Solidarity Action [AlexeiDrozdov]
viewtopic.php?t=663


Pour le groupe de travail programme
Jeanne, Bettina, Yan



============


ES


Programa de la Reunión Internacional de Babels: etapa 2

OBSERVACIONES PREVIAS

Cuando se propuso, el objetivo de la reunión internacional era iniciar un debate entre los miembros de Babels y otros actores implicados en los foros sociales sobre el papel y la contribución de Babels dentro del proceso del FSM, así como sobre cómo mejorar nuestra contribución a dicho proceso.

Propuesta inicial para la reunión:
http://www.babels.org/a314.html (en)
http://www.babels.org/a315.html (fr)
http://www.babels.org/a316.html (es)

Esta propuesta fue publicada en el foro de Babels para ser discutida, junto con otras actividades. El primer plazo para entregar propuestas de actividades era el 1 de marzo.

Desde entonces se han desarrollado varios debates y ha llegado la hora de que aventuremos una primera agrupación de las actividades propuestas o, en algunos casos, dividamos algunas actividades en varias individuales.

Hemos concluido la etapa 1 del proceso elaboración del programa tal y como
se esbozó en la propuesta inicial:
http://www.babels.org/a317.html (en)
http://www.babels.org/a318.html (fr)
http://www.babels.org/a319.html (es)

Ahora debemos pasar a la etapa 2. Esto implica trabajar en red y una primera reagrupación de las actividades.

Esto es necesario por varias razones:
-Dificultades logísticas, tales como fondos, elección del lugar de reunión, y el tiempo: No hay suficiente dinero/tiempo/espacio para llevar a cabo un sinfín de actividades en junio.
-Tenemos que tratar de conseguir resultados significativos, no sólo dar la oportunidad a un pequeño grupo de personas para hablar de su pequeño proyecto particular sin comunicarse realmente con otras personas.
-Debemos centrarnos en conferir a estas actividades la mayor coherencia posible, fomentando la "polinización" entre unas actividades y otras.

Y DESPUÉS QUÉ?

Instamos a los promotores de actividades a comenzar a hablar con los nuevos co-promotores. Ahora nuestro objetivo es comenzar a compartir experiencias, propuestas, etc. para esbozar documentos de trabajo preliminares de aquí al 1 de mayo. Tras la fase de "lluvia de ideas", debemos empezar a hacer propuestas coherentes sobre debates y contenidos.

A los participantes en estos debates se le ruega contribuyan al esfuerzo utilizando la wiki, el chat, el forum... cualquier herramienta que permita lograr un conjunto de documentos que serán útiles para todos los *otros* participantes de la Reunión Internacional. En breve se publicará un documento detallado que ayuda a utlizar correctamente estas herramientas.

Es vital que estos grupos esbocen una documentación clara en las próximas 6 semanas. Esto determinará que el grupo que elabora el programa lleve a buen puerto la organización de la reunión física de junio en París de modo que los asistentes puedan acudir a *otros* talleres en los cuales ellos no hayan estado trabajando hasta el momento. Recordemos que es vital explicar claramente lo que se desarrolla en cada acitividad, pues determinará nuestro trabrajo en los meses/años venideros.

AGRUPACIÓN DE ACTIVIDADES: PROPUESTA

El grupo encargado del programa considera que las siguientes actividades propuestas pueden ser agrupadas. En aras de una mayor claridad, reproducimos los títulos y enlaces originales de las propuestas.

Nota: algunas actividades aparecen repetidas en la siguiente lista. Esto significa que sugerimos su "división" en varias actividades porque son demasiado amplias o abarcan varias actividades.

Actividad 1 - Carta, autonomía, territorio social...
Incluye:
-functional organization that is non-hierarchical [mateo]
viewtopic.php?t=700
-Activity-EN/FR-Self-managing teams/Equipes auto-gŽrŽes [judith hitchman]
viewtopic.php?t=646
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Babels'Charter/Carta de Babels/Charte [bettina]
viewtopic.php?t=648
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Social Territory/Territorio Social [ljesover]
viewtopic.php?t=645
-Carta de Principios: Autonomía y Autonomía financiera [ivonne]
viewtopic.php?t=675

Actividad 2 Ð ¿Cómo movilizar y establecer redes?
Incluye:
-Babels Enlargement in the Balkans and in the Eastern Europe [AnLa]
viewtopic.php?t=686
-Sub-Activity-EN/FR-Creating new networks-TRAINING [David Leye]
viewtopic.php?t=651
-Activity-EN/FR/ES-Creating new networks of volunteers [David Leye]
viewtopic.php?t=649
-Sub-Activity-EN/FR-Creating new networks-SHARING [David Leye]
viewtopic.php?t=652
-Proposed activity Ð Translation and International Labor Comm [prophet]
viewtopic.php?t=664
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Social Territory/Territorio Social [ljesover]
viewtopic.php?t=645

Actividad 3 - Preparación y selección
Incluye:
-Projet d'activité sit-prep/Proyecto de actividad sit-prep [Jesus]
viewtopic.php?t=671
-Modelo de preparación de intérpretes no experimentados [miguelsojo]
viewtopic.php?t=671
-Professionals vs non-professionals [jfk1]
viewtopic.php?t=466
-Optimización de selecci—n/nueva base de datos [miguelsojo]
viewtopic.php?t=666
-Transparency in the process of selection of volunteers [Silvia Leta]
viewtopic.php?t=653

Actividad 4 Ð Traducciones escritas y léxicos

Actividad 5 - Diversidad de lenguas y experiencias
Incluye:
-projet sur la diversité linguistique [monica]
viewtopic.php?t=662
-Diversidad Lingüística y Políticas de Inclusión ES/EN/FR/PT [ivonne]
viewtopic.php?t=658
-Valorisation de l'expérience [steph]
viewtopic.php?t=661
-Sub-Activity-EN/FR-Creating new networks-SHARING [David Leye]
viewtopic.php?t=652

Actividad 6 - Equipos alternativos
Incluye:
-EQUIPOS DE INTERPRETACIîN / INTERPRETATION EQUIPMENT [cruzma]
viewtopic.php?t=672
-Activity proposal - Recording a Social Forum [spyros]
viewtopic.php?t=679
-Activity proposal - Translation equipment [spyros]
viewtopic.php?t=680

Actividad 7 - Herramientas electrónicas
Incluye:
-Optimización de selección/nueva base de datos [miguelsojo]
viewtopic.php?t=666
-Electronic Tools / Alternative Interpretation Systems [yan]
viewtopic.php?t=669
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Social Territory/Territorio Social [ljesover]
viewtopic.php?t=645

Actividad 8 - Análisis de foros sociales
Incluye:
-memory of social forums [nico]
viewtopic.php?t=677
-thinking/analysing social forums (FR - EN to come) [nico]
viewtopic.php?t=676
-Activity-EN/ES/FR-Social Territory/Territorio Social [ljesover]
viewtopic.php?t=645

NO-PROPUESTAS

Hay varias propuestas o "temas de debate" que o bien no son pertinentes en esta reunión, o son demasiado vagos, o tratan realmente de lo que "toda" la reunión trata. Se ruega a las personas que participaron en estos temas que intenten integrarlos en las propuestas indicadas arriba.

-Wiki training at June meeting ? [lorraine]
viewtopic.php?t=668
-Proposta: Babels Art / Proposal: Babels Art [mnario]
viewtopic.php?t=689
-Organización de temas [Maria Fernanda]
viewtopic.php?t=683
-MANUAL DE ORIENTACIîN PARA PARTICIPACIîN DE BABELS EN FSM [miguelsojo]
viewtopic.php?t=673
-Activity-EN-Solidarity Action [AlexeiDrozdov]
viewtopic.php?t=663


Para el grupo de trabajo Programa
Jeanne, Bettina, Yan

yan
.
.
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:35 pm

react to program proposal

Postby yan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:58 am

EN / ES / FR

During 3 days you can reply to the program proposal. After that, we will merge the different threads. In the meantime, you will be unable to create a new thread.
Yan - program facilitator

Durante 3 días, podrán responder a la propuesta para el programa. Después, vamos a unir los diferentes hilos de discusión. De momento, no pueden crear nuevos hilos de discusión.
Yan - facilitador programa

Pendant 3 jours, vous pourrez répondre à la proposition pour le programme. Après, nous allons réunir les différents fils de discussion. Pour le moment, vous ne pouvez pas créer de nouveaux fils de discussion.
Yan - facilitateur programme
Last edited by yan on Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silvia Leta
.
.
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:40 pm
Location: Uruguay
Contact:

Written translations and lexicons

Postby Silvia Leta » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:32 am

Yan,

Aren´t there any activity proposals under "Written translations and lexicons"?

Although I am already involved in the preparation of one of the activities connected with Selection and Training, I want to express my interest in this area of WRITTEN TRANSLATION in particular, should any activity be organized.

I am a certified translator myself and have translated for Transtrad.

It would be interesting to hear proposals connected with written translation. We do not have time to prepare a new proposal but we have included TRANSLATORS in our topic (transparency in the process of selection).

I endorse any prospect activity about written translation.

Silvia

ljesover
.
.
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 am
Location: France

Postby ljesover » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:13 am

I do agree with the proposal made concerning regrouping activities and especially of course regrouping the one I am deeply involved with, to the other ones proposed. There are clearly bridges if not more. Nevertheless how can we do if we need specific time to assess our specific concerns?

If I take my activity as an example "Social Territory" it will be the first opportunity for people to meet internationaly to discuss within this global issue, specific issue such as the building of compatible Internet platforms for SF program building - Architecture and room building - SF Budget - SF environment - Involving alternative practices such as volunteer work for Media, Translation, Art, and so on. Of course no one will make any formal decision, but these discussions will lead clearly to decisions at the level of the IC for the WSF and the EPA for the ESF (and maybe other SF). They are of course clearly bridges with other proposals and even more than bridges, cross-feedings. But...

To make it a little clearer, what is involved behind "Activity" ? Is it a thematic thread that we have to organize between us in order to share room avaibility or is it a real merging ? In this case, I repeat, for the specific activity I am involved with, I do not know how to mix essential discussions on the Babels Charter and others linked to building of a Social Forum as a whole? (just to take an example). In other word I do not know how members of the different OCs (Kenya, Mali, Brasil, India, Thailand, France, Italy, maybe others) could contribute (or more accurately feel involved) to a discussion on the Charter of our network ? Maybe it is true also for the reverse.

yan
.
.
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:35 pm

reorganising forum: what's next?

Postby yan » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:17 am

[en]

The different discussion threads were merged yesterday, following the proposal above. Now, there are basically 9 different threads grouping the initially proposed activities. In the process of merging proposals some links have been broken (links to former 'topics' are broken; links for individual 'posts' are not.)

We have reached stage 2 of the program process. This means that we should now take some time to try to work together, reading the other proposals that have been merged in each thread.

The 'activities' do not necessarily correspond to what will actually take place in Paris. It is stage 2 of our program. As of now, our aim is to start sharing experiences, proposals, etc. in order to draft preliminary working documents by May 1st. After the 'brainstorming' stage, we must start to propose coherent discussions and proposals.

Afterwards, we'll probably have to reorganize the forum again and consolidate the proposals, and try to make them fit with whatever rooms and time we have available. The methodology for stage 3 has yet to be discussed.

For the program facilitators
Yan

[es]

Los diferentes hilos de discusión han sido reagrupados ayer, según la propuesta presentada más arriba. Ahora, contamos básicamente on 9 hilos de discusión distintos que agrupan las propuestas iniciales. Al reagrupar las propuestas, varios enlaces quedaron rotos (ya no funcionan los enlaces a los viejos 'temas'; aún funcionan los de 'mensajes' individuales.)

Hemos llegado a la etapa 2 del proceso programa. Esto significa que ahora tenemos que intentar trabajar juntos, leyendo las propuestas que han sido reagrupadas en cada hilo de discusión.

Las 'actividades' no necesariamente corresponden a lo que se llevará a cabo en París. Es la etapa 2 del programa. Ahora nuestro objetivo es comenzar a compartir experiencias, propuestas, etc. para esbozar documentos de trabajo preliminares de aquí al 1 de mayo. Tras la fase de "lluvia de ideas", debemos empezar a hacer propuestas coherentes sobre debates y contenidos.

Después, quizás tendremos que reorganizar el foro de nuevo y consolidar las propuestas, e intentar una organización que corresponda al tiempo y espacio que tendremos a nuestra disposición. La metodología para la etapa 3 aún queda por ser definida.

Para los facilitadores programa
Yan

[fr]

Les différents fils de discussion ont été regroupés hier, suivant la proposition présentée ci-dessus. Maintenant, on a en gros 9 fils de discussion distincts qui regroupent les propositions d'activités initiales. Lorsque nous avons regroupé les propositions, plusieurs liens ont été cassés (ceux qui correspondent aux anciens 'thèmes' ne marchent plus; mais ceux des 'posts' individuels continuent de fonctionner.)

Nous sommes maintenant à l'étape 2 du processus programme. Ceci signifie que maintenant nous devons essayer de travailler ensemble, lire les propositions qui ont été regroupées dans chaque fil de discussion.

Les 'activités' ne correspondent pas nécessairement à ce qui se fera à Paris. C'est l'étape 2 du programme. Il s’agit maintenant de partager nos expériences, des propositions, etc. de manière à pouvoir présenter des documents préliminaires de travail d’ici le 1er mai. Après une étape de ’brainstorming’, il faut essayer d’avoir des discussions et des propositions cohérentes.

Après, il faudra peut-être réorganiser le forum à nouveau et consolider les propositions, en fonction du temps et des lieux qui seront à notre disposition. La méthodologie pour l'étape 3 reste encore à définir.

Pour les facilitateurs programme
Yan

qdantel
.
.
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:13 pm

Grupo 5/ Group 5- Diversidad Lingüística

Postby qdantel » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:52 pm

ES/EN

ES
Hola,

Es esencial que empecemos a trabajar sobre este asunto lo antes posible. Les propongo encontrarnos el sábado a las 19hs Buenos Aires en el chat de BABELS. Por favor, fijense en el outlook a qué hora sería para ustedes.

Espero que nos encontremos ahí,
saludos,

Daniela

EN

Hello,

It's essential to start to work on this issue as soon as possible. I suggest meeting in the BABLEs chat on sutarday at 19 hs Buenos Aires. Please see in your out look what time corresponds to you.

I hope we meet there,
BR,

Daniela

qdantel
.
.
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:13 pm

Proyecto único/ Unique project- Diversidad Lingüística

Postby qdantel » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:49 pm

ES/EN

ES

Hola,

¿Cómo están?

Relamente me parece fundamental poder empezar a trabajar en la unificación de los proyectos en torno a la Diversidad Lingüística lo antes posible. Hice una convocatoria para el sábado pasado y nadie asistió.

Les escribo para proponer otra: sábado 15 de abril a las 19:30 hs. Por favor, hagan el esfuerzo de presentarse, al menos para expresar su falta de voluntad o interés, lo que nos hará saber quién sigue en el proyecto y quien no.

Muchas gracias,
saludos,

Daniela
BABELS Uruguay

EN

Hello,

How are you?

I consider essential to start working with the unification of the projects which are around LInguistic Diversity as soon as possible. I have made a time and date proposal for meeting in the chat room and nobody attended it.

I am writting to you to suggest another meeting in the BABELS chat: saturday 15 April at 19.30hs, Please make an effort to be there, at least to tell us if you are interested or not in this project.

Many thanks,
regards,

Daniela
BABELS Uruguay

qdantel
.
.
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:13 pm

Re: Proyecto único/ Unique project- Diversidad Lingüística

Postby qdantel » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:14 pm

19.30hs BsAs

Yury.G (Unicornio)
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:06 pm
Location: Quito, Ecuador.

Sabado 15 de Abril 19:30

Postby Yury.G (Unicornio) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:12 pm

Ok estaremos ahí, sábado a las 19:30

Yury

Ok we will be there, Saturday 19:30

Yury

Cathy
.
.
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:40 pm
Location: Barcelona
Contact:

programa encuentros: asambleas?

Postby Cathy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:14 pm

Bonjour à tous,
Comme dans un forum social, n'oublions pas au programme des rencontres les assemblées (con todos) dans lesquelles nous pourrons fonctionner sur le consensus et reprendre l'avancée des travaux des différents groupes de travail pour arriver à des conclusions. C'est particulièrement souhaitable si vous voulez arriver à des décisions impliquant le réseau babels collectivement.

Hola a todos,
Como en un foro social, no nos olvidemos de incluir en el programa de los encuentros las asambleas, (con todos) en las que podriamos funcionar en base al consenso retomando el avance de los trabajos de los grupos de trabajo para llegar a conclusiones. Es particularmente importante si pretendemos llegar a decisiones que comprometan al la red babels colectivamente.

Hello everybab,
As in a social forum, we shouldn't forget to include assamblies in the international meeting's program (with all of us) in wich we could work on consensus, taking over the progression of the different working groups in order to get to conclusions. It's particularlly important if we have the intention to get to decisions that bound babels' network colectivelly.


Return to “Babels Intl Meeting - 3 > 5 June/Juin/Junio 2006”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests