Info on transtrad for an article

EN What is Transtrad? Translator to translator. Tools and tips for translation. Questions, problems, mutual help. ES ¿Qué es Transtrad? Entre traductor@s. Herramientas y consejos para traducciones. Preguntas, problemas, ayuda. FR Qu'est-ce que Transtrad ? Traducteurs-trices à Traducteurs-trices. Outils et conseils pour la traduction. Questions, problèmes, aide mutuelle.
Maria Brander

Info on transtrad for an article

Postby Maria Brander » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:03 pm

Dear friends,

My colleague Verena Jung et moi are doing some research on volunteer translation on the web, and ad hoc translation for webpages (fan sites and other related Internet-based translation issues, including translation for the FSE ;-).

Could someone who knows a lot about this (Laurent?) send me the latest data on Transtrad (as in, specifically, number of volunteers just for Transtrad) and any other info you might have on this? I see there were 1700 translators in March 2005. Number of translations, perhaps? Or specific subjects within the WSF or ESF areas?

Any other info that is not on the webpage or wiki would also be very welcome.

MUCHAS gracias!!
Besitos,
M.

lorraine

Postby lorraine » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:38 pm

Hi Maria,
just back online after about a month without internet/intermittent connections, que estres !
Hope you enjoyed Paris and made it super-productive (haven't got to reading relative posts yet - still hundreds of back mails to read!)
Just saw you are researching volunteer translating groups - have you tried Peacelink.org and/or 'tpp - traduttori per la pace' - I used to work with the former but also came into contact with people from the latter - there seemed to be so many of them almost fighting over every piece needing translating that I reckoned I was superfluous and busy !
Happy researching and thanks again for jumping into the English booth in Athens when I was in the Italian and no-one capable in the English !
Cheers
Lorraine

Maria Brander

Re: Info on transtrad for an article

Postby Maria Brander » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:12 pm

I have just seen your message, Lorraine!

Thanks for replying ;-)

The article was finished long ago and we called it "Free as in free beer vs. free as in free speech: Volunteer translations on the internet". It was fun writing it with Verena.

You are very welcome; Spanish booths are always crowded ;-) My pleasure.

Take care,

María.

Return to “TransTrad”