After Firenze 10+10: impressions, feedback, being in touch..

8-11 November, 2012
juliebcoord

After Firenze 10+10: impressions, feedback, being in touch..

Postby juliebcoord » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:22 am

Firenze 10+10 is now over and we hope you had a safe trip back home. We would like to thank you once again for embarking in this crazy experience, for working over the clock and with a last-minute booth planning. We hope that all in all the experience was worthwhile. If you want to comment on and share your experience, give feedback, etc., please feel free to do it here!

AngelicaR

Re: After Firenze 10+10: impressions, feedback, being in tou

Postby AngelicaR » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:17 am

Thanks for all the hard work, and the effort you guys put into this to make it happen.
Firenze 10+10 has been my first Babels experience and I certainly hope it's not the last.

Sunny hugs from Barcelona to all of you, amazing people!

josenpla

Postby josenpla » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi everyone,

Firenze 10+10 has also been my first Babels forum and it was definitely a great one.

Despite the initial uncertainty, I saw how much effort everyone put into it to make sure everything turned out well, and that's what happened - a very enriching experience. It was great to meet and work with you all!

Hope to see you somewhere some time.
Besos y abrazos,
Jose

kimpark

Postby kimpark » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:13 am

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for all your hard work to organise Firenze 10+10. I had an amazing time and felt very well looked after!

It was my first experience with Babels and I would love to work with you again, it was a fantastic experience and seems like a brilliant network.

I hope everyone is well and hope to see you all again soon,

Kim

BárbaraC

Postby BárbaraC » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi,
Thank you very much for Firenze 10+10! You were very efficient and coped very well with it!
I felt very well looked after, too :)
you succeeded in organizing us! Congrats ;)
Regards,
B.

Veronique

Postby Veronique » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi!

I had a great time in Firenze 10+10, thank you to the Babels coordi team for making this experience possible.

I think we were able to do a good work in most meetings, despite the lack of preparation that was sometimes frustrating.
I appreciated working with my boothmates, nice and competent interpreters (thank you to all my boothmates!). And I think the Babels coordi team was available when we had questions or needed help (and very efficient for getitng our reimbursement!), so thank you!
Some moderators/chairpersons were kind and aware of our needs (especially regarding the breaks), but few others didn't seem to understand and I felt like we were negotiating with them for the breaks or to finish the meeting. I'm not sure there's a way to avoid this kind of situations: they were told by the organisers, by Babels and by ourselves about the breaks and other recommendations, I think it's enough "prevention". The only solution, then, is what the coordi team and Gaspar pointed out: all booths must turn off the microphones and take a break or leave.

I know my next suggestion means more work, but maybe it would have been nicer for the participants to inform them that the program they were given was not accurate regarding the languages spoken in the different meetings and workshops (maybe we could have put a sheet or poster, down the stairs that led to the Babels room, with the accurate information).

Thank you once again, and I hope we'll meet again soon.

Véro

Return to “Firenze 10+10 (2012)”